Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Need ideas for upsherin

LO

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:10 pm
I am making my first Upsherin in a little over a month. We need theme ideas that are cheapish ,Minhagim ideas, and simple entertainment ideas. Would also love tips and pics on how to set up the table.Thanks in advance!

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 5:21 pm
Cheapest entertainment is a craft.
If your son doesn't have a specific interest (trains, firemen, lego, music etc) then do anything thats cute and cheap. Search pinterest for party ideas.
I've seen - music party with a craft - diy cardboard guitar that the kids decorated, and instruments to play with. Decor and desserts (wafer piano, decorated cookies) on theme.
Fire- food on theme like pepper, carrot sticks arranged in cups etc. Entertainment was hired though.
Aleph bais theme - easy enough to make a craft for and decorate

amother
Lilac

Post Sat, Jul 18 2020, 9:23 pm
For setting up you can choose a theme your kid likes like trucks/police or easiest just a colour.

For entertainment bake cookies and put fondant on - buy edible markers and the kids can colour their own cookie.
Or buy a doodle table cloth and make a colouring table that the children can colour on the actual tablecloth.

Have each family member take a little snip of hair. And have your child read the first 3 aleph beis and lick honey off it.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics