Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Am I my brother’s keeper? (long vent)

amother

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 9:43 pm
I signed up for a local class and loved it so much that my friend schlepped into town from far away for the second one. They made her pay for all 4 sessions because everyone had prepaid. Well, she never came again and her check bounced. The woman in charge of the money for the class has been harassing ME since then. I have nothing to do with that check, and told her so many times. It got as bad as every ten minutes a phone call. What tipped me over the edge was that my kid came home from school and told me, mommy that other girl (daughter of harasser) says you never pick up phone calls and you have to give her mother a big check!

Now, I’m done with this woman but I wrote a long letter to the speaker of the class. My dh doesn’t allow me to send it in. he says once something is on paper it’s there to stay… he just doesn’t like the nothing of it. he says if the woman calls again, just let her have it. I know I’m not the type to go all the way and say the right things. What would you do?

red sea

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 9:48 pm
Why not pick up the phone and try being blunt this time? Tell her I paid, that is not my name, I am not her, stop bugging me?

Last edited by red sea on Sun, Jan 13 2008, 10:57 am; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 3:10 am
I would tell them off--to harass your friend if they want to.

It's not a very fair policy, so I understand your friend not wanting to pay for classes she did not attend.

justanothermother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 10:27 am
I have no advice to add. I only wanted to say WHAT CHUTPAH!!!

trafficgal

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 10:49 am
When she was harrasing you it was anoying and frustrating bringing yoru daughter into it is WRONG WRONG WRONG I would call her or write a letter and let her have it!! if there is a supervisor I'd speak to him/her as well!! Also it is NOT your job to give them your freinds number they shoudl have that from the check or the application form! if she keeps harrasing you or your daughter I'd go as far as threating to go to a Rav!!!

amother

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 11:12 am
Your husband has a good point about putting things in writing. If you do feel compelled to send a letter, have it reviewed by an attorney first, so that she can't go and report YOU for harrassment. I've seen such things happen.

Otherwise, tell her politely but firmly that this is not your business, it's between her and your friend, and if she continues to harrass you, you will be forced to report her to the authorities, and will write a letter to the local newspaper about her questionable business practices. Then, no matter what else she says, just repeat yourself, adding I have nothing else to say about the matter, and hang up the phone.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics