Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Does anyone know the carry on allowance

mom21n2

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 12:14 pm
for babies without a "seat" on ElAl flights to Israel? Someone told me they do not even get to bring on a diaper bag. Is this true??

louche

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 1:09 pm
Baggage allowances are per seated passenger. If you are bringing aboard a lap baby for whom you have not bought a ticket, you do not get an allowance for him. Be glad he doesn’t count as a carry-on item!

When you travel with a baby, you have to learn to travel light, ha-ha. Learn to do without some of your own stuff to make room for baby’s. That’s what being a parent is all about.

Depending on what happens, the airline staff may or may not be willing to turn a blind eye if you have excess stuff. My own inclination would be to get the biggest allowable carryon bag, stash my stuff in the bottom, and put all the baby stuff right on top, in a plastic bag or very light tote bag that I can take out as a single unit when needed.

You don’t REALLY need a special diaper bag—the diaper bag companies just make you think you do.

mom21n2

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 1:34 pm
Well, we did pay for the baby (bought a ticket) just not for a seat. I guess [one] problem is, it's twins. They have to eat don"t they? And please don"t start with the breastfeeding thing b/c that"s a whole different story.

YALT

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 1:45 pm
CALL AND FIND OUT!!!!
I wrote on the other thread to check out www.tsa.gov.

I know when I flew with other airlines, I was told their are no carry-on allowances for baby. They use other wording. But basically, the baby doesn't get any luggage underneath either. But anything you need to take with for the baby goes "ontop of the plane".
Meaning: You can't check in the carriage. You take it to the gate, and then they'll take it from you and put it underneath. If you need a bag of food, diapers, etc. for the baby, you can.
But as I said, you're safer calling the airlines and verifying with a human voice before coming to the airport.

mom21n2

Post Fri, Jan 11 2008, 1:48 pm
I did call. And I checked the website. I just have not gotten a clear explanation and am hoping that someone who has done it recently will let me know what they did.

ChavieK

Post Sat, Jan 12 2008, 7:15 pm
Most airlines allow you to take a diaper bag, afterall you are paying something. Regardless of what they allow Keep in mind your getting through the airport,getting on the plane...

jemappelle

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 11:48 am
most airlines dont really count what you are carrying on to the airline, an extra bag usually wont get stopped..im with the poster that mentioned carrying much less stuff for yourself and taking more for the kids... BUT from experience make sure to take an extra tshirt for yourself in case one of them throws up on you!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics