Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Wearing white shirt- see through??
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:10 am
ra_mom wrote:
We bought these instead of undershirts since they're butter soft and work better for growing teens. (Though they're not for someone who already needs lift support.)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d.....AYJ89

Once support is needed, and comfort is still necessary, we transitioned to these. Size XL for girls size 16. (They have padding that is removable).
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00Q.....image

Thank you!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:11 am
Blessing1 wrote:
My girls wear either white polo shirts which are thick and not see through, or a white shell under the shirt.

Ty!

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:12 am
giselle wrote:
I find that even the nude bras or camisoles show through shells. Think about yourself, how hard it is to find a white tee that isn’t see through even with a nude bra. I have one thicker one for myself, but they’re hard to find. My daughter was able to get away with a white tee that was looser than a shell and didn’t wear anything underneath. But that’s not a great or long term solution. Button down shirts are easier because you can probably find ones that aren’t so thin, and they’re not clingy like shells (I’ll probably have to buy one this year for my daughter). But her camp specifically requested to wear a shell Rolling Eyes

That’s what my daughter did in the end but it wasn’t a great solution either.

kenz

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:17 am
We don't wear white shirts in my house for this reason - even when a store or company claims a shirt isn't see-through, ultimately it is. I agree that nude/beige undergarments are a must, but it won't completely eliminate the see-throughness (for lack of a better word). When my girls had to wear a white shirt for school, they always wore a sweater over it anyway, so it wasn't a big deal, and on the rare occasion they were asked to remove the sweater, they did as asked reluctantly and immediately put the sweater back on after. (And my girls are not "fafrumt" by any means, but who wants the whole world seeing their undergarments?)

cnc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:24 pm
https://myselflingerie.com/col.....12900

I wear these under
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children