Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Is it weird to always wear the same color?
Previous  1  2

amother
Tan

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 2:29 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
As I am not the most fashion-observant person, it would probably take some time for me to notice unless it were a really jarring color like bright yellow. I do have coworkers who wear a lot of one color--not ONLY one color, but a lot. Let's say 4 days out of 5. So what? They like the color, like the way it looks on them, wear it because someone once told them it brings out their eyes or makes their skin look creamy, who cares? Good for them, they should enjoy it.

That being said, I had a coworker who wore the same pair of slacks for a whole year. Different shirts, same slacks. At first I thought she must have bought half a dozen of the same slacks--some people do buy basics in bulk. But after a while it became clear that these were the very same slacks being worn 5 days a week, week after week. This I thought was pretty darn weird. I even asked her once "Is there a reason you wear only black slacks?" (Trying for tact, you see, as if I didn't notice they were the same ones.) She said "Yes, because I'm bottom-heavy and black gives a slimming impression." A couple of years later she confided that she once did an experiment: wear the same slacks for a year and see if anyone notices. She thought nobody did because no one said anything. But if I, Olivia the Oblivious, noticed, you can bet your paycheck everyone else did, too. (Ever tactful, I expressed amazement and did not say what was in my mind, to wit: Honey, you didn't fool nobody.)

Why would anyone care if she wore the same slacks every day unless they smelled?

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would you notice if someone wears the same color every day? Different clothes, but they have a closet full of different styles in the same color?

Only if it’s black.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:05 pm
I know someone who wears the same purple cardigan every single day.
obvs diff clothes underneath.
my kids used to call her'the purple lady'

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:32 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
I know someone who wears the same purple cardigan every single day.
obvs diff clothes underneath.
my kids used to call her'the purple lady'

Lol! We know someone that always wears purple and my kids call her “Mrs Purple”. She also decorated her house and sukkah in everything purple.

SuperWify

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Then maybe you need a new hobby. Just sayin’... LOL

I’m not looking for a new one. I enjoy fashion and checking out what others wear.

No shame in that.

tigerwife

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:37 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
As I am not the most fashion-observant person, it would probably take some time for me to notice unless it were a really jarring color like bright yellow. I do have coworkers who wear a lot of one color--not ONLY one color, but a lot. Let's say 4 days out of 5. So what? They like the color, like the way it looks on them, wear it because someone once told them it brings out their eyes or makes their skin look creamy, who cares? Good for them, they should enjoy it.

That being said, I had a coworker who wore the same pair of slacks for a whole year. Different shirts, same slacks. At first I thought she must have bought half a dozen of the same slacks--some people do buy basics in bulk. But after a while it became clear that these were the very same slacks being worn 5 days a week, week after week. This I thought was pretty darn weird. I even asked her once "Is there a reason you wear only black slacks?" (Trying for tact, you see, as if I didn't notice they were the same ones.) She said "Yes, because I'm bottom-heavy and black gives a slimming impression." A couple of years later she confided that she once did an experiment: wear the same slacks for a year and see if anyone notices. She thought nobody did because no one said anything. But if I, Olivia the Oblivious, noticed, you can bet your paycheck everyone else did, too. (Ever tactful, I expressed amazement and did not say what was in my mind, to wit: Honey, you didn't fool nobody.)

Years ago I followed a blogger who wore the same dress for one year, styling it different every single day. She was really creating with creating new looks.

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:16 pm
I gravitate to the same 6 colors. Someone once pointed it out to me. I was surprised it was noticeable. Oh well, that's me.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics