Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Chassidish community in Tampa Bay FL
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 1:00 pm
Would love to hear more info about this community, is it only Chassidish ,if yes Wich chasidus? Someone mentioned that they're building 2500 houses , who is backing this financialy?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:17 pm
Following

Why tampa and not deland? Isn't insurance cheaper in deland?

Frumme

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Would love to hear more info about this community, is it only Chassidish ,if yes Wich chasidus? Someone mentioned that they're building 2500 houses , who is backing this financialy?

Bobover chassidim. The organizer is Malka Taussig Floridamove2021@gmail.com

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:28 pm
Frumme wrote:

Do you know which Bobov?

Frumme

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:29 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Following

Why tampa and not deland? Isn't insurance cheaper in deland?

Have you ever been to DeLand? It's quiet and pretty rural, not much by way of kosher etc. Tampa is more lively, has a major airport, already has a few amenities for Jews (Winn Dixie there sells kosher meat, two mikvaos, etc).

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:37 pm
Frumme wrote:
I don’t think Malka Taussig has anything with Bobov. I also would be very surprised if Bobov would be doing this. I was under the impression that it will be a mix and that’s why they wanted to see who is interested and what type of institutions they’ll need.

cnc

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:39 pm
I’m curious to hear more.
What is there in terms of schooling, jobs, shuls, food ?
And I would find it very surprising if Bobov has anything to do with this.

thunderstorm

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 5:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Maybe they have space for 2500 but I heard they were building 250 homes.

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:39 pm
cnc wrote:
I’m curious to hear more.
What is there in terms of schooling, jobs, shuls, food ?
And I would find it very surprising if Bobov has anything to do with this.

I actually heard about this project from a Bobover as well.

amother
Copper

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 6:59 pm
This is not affiliated with any specific chassidus. Malka Taussig is coordinating this. You can reach her at the email posted above.

happyone

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:02 pm
it's not any specific chassidish. They currently have a really nice mix of applicants. I think its brilliant . So time to get the hell out of NY.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:02 pm
This was sent to me, don't know if you saw it

WELCOME! NEW CHASSIDISHE COMMUNITY IN TAMPA BAY, FLORIDA

We would like to inform the public that this project is seriously underway, and we are in the final steps of our negotiations with developers and local county officials to ensure the newcomers, the most economical, and efficient “Relocation to Florida”!

Underway with developer is:

A development with 2,500 homes (mix of townhouses, 40 lot, 50 lot, 60 lot single family homes) available to be completed by Pesach 2021.

We are working to finalize Exact Homes Cost and Design to include kosher kitchen, pesach kitchen, proper dining room, etc

Public facilities, Main Shul, small shuls, Mikva, School and Cheder. All within the community.
(as for the school and cheder, Limudei Kodesh will be in Yiddish and Limudei Chol will be at mandatory state level, as receiving funds from private school scholarships, as Step-Up program)

Shopping Center catered to our needs will be part of this community as well. (opportunities available)

Underway with local and state officials is:

Substantial financial assistance for first time homebuyers and primary residence buyers are being made available from local county and state officials.

Starting a business, or Relocating an existing business, purchasing grants, payroll grants, and many business-related incentives are available. Additional Incentives for E-Commerce businesses.

We have secured with Local businesses and philanthropists many good paying positions, employment opportunities, as well as small business opportunities for the self starter.

Relocating to Florida will be at an unbelievable cost, at under $30,000.00. (Down payment and moving included)

Please call or email us to set up an appointment.
We request only serious participants to book appointments as time is limited.

Email: floridamove2021@gmail.com
Residential Homes appointments call: 718-854-1217
Business Opportunities appointments call: 718-854-1217

Thank you,

Malka Taussig

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 7:36 pm
It’s so bizarre to me that a community where I presume shmiras ainayim is of utmost importance would choose a beach community where it is warm year round to settle

amother
White

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:30 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
It’s so bizarre to me that a community where I presume shmiras ainayim is of utmost importance would choose a beach community where it is warm year round to settle

I guess they want the same things as everyone else: good weather, lower taxes, growing economy. And everything new in Florida is a gated development, so you keep out the riff raff.

pizzasnaps

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 8:43 pm
When are they expecting to have the school and cheder up and running? Will it be only chassidish community?

amother
Purple

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 9:05 pm
Tampa is quite far from the beaches

Elemenopee

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:26 pm

There are beaches in Brooklyn too...

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:37 pm
Elemenopee wrote:
There are beaches in Brooklyn too...

Totally different: Brooklyn Is Cold 3/4 of the year. There is no winter in Tampa

it’s just my observation

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:11 am

Politely, wondering if you've been to Tampa... Not nearly the "beach culture" that you'd find in Miami. Decent beaches are close but still a drive. Have to go to nearby Clearwater/St Pete/etc. It's warm, lower cost of living than up North, lots of economic growth, more room in general around (backyard, not living on top of other people like NYC, etc). I would think Miami, LA, etc would be worse regarding shmiras einayim comparatively.

bobeli

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:17 am
Any yeshivish moving there?
Page 1 of 8   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating