Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children
How can I stop him

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:44 pm
My ds has full day yashiva , comes home for dinner about 8 . Since after 8 untill 11 he is on the phone talking loud. It really gets to me . What does a teen have to talk about for 2 hours straight sometimes 3 hours , yet my ds is very talkative. But still. Is it normal?? How often does your teen spend time on the phone ?
If I ask him to hang up enough is enough he gets upset . Otherwise he is a good kid . Tries to go to sleep on time and gets up on time but the being on the phone for so long is annoying me. Tell me what to do. He talks loud , and what's there to talk about for 2 to 3 hours ???

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:50 pm
1) If he's loud, he's probably not saying anything you should worry about. So that's a good thing!

2) It's great that you have a son who is expressive enough to talk on the phone for hours. Many mothers here will be jealous that their kids are much quieter.

3) If he is too loud, can you ask him to turn down the volume a bit, or close the door to his room so it doesn't bother you?

I don't think you should be thinking about stopping him at all!

If you want to, ask him to give you some talking time at night, and ask him to be considerate about where he talks on the phone so as not to disturb others.

But otherwise this is a very positive and perfectly healthy outlet! What do you think he should be doing instead?

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 10:55 pm
Why do you want to stop him? Do you want to spend time with him? If that’s the case, you can tell him you’d like to shmooze with him for a little bit before/after he speaks to his friends. If it’s just the noise, as another poster wrote, you can ask him to keep it down or go into another room. Otherwise, sounds like a pretty healthy way to spend his free time.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:23 pm
Don't stop him. It's better than him galavanting around town and you being worried about how he'll get home late at night.

He's developing his relationship and communication skills. Those will stay with him for life! His wife will be grateful.

Find positivity in what he's doing. Smile while he's on the phone. Warm to the idea. It will be good for your relationship with him.

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jul 20 2020, 11:26 pm
Is he talking loshon hara, nivul peh.
Is he quietly watching p0rn..

No, BE HAPPY

and thank Hashem...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Teenagers and Older children