Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Aliya help RBS
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 4:21 pm
How is that easier than working at someone else's maon/mishpachton?
You'll have to deal with the bureaucracy of managing it yourself (taxes, licensing/regulation).

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 02 2020, 5:03 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
How is that easier than working at someone else's maon/mishpachton?
You'll have to deal with the bureaucracy of managing it yourself (taxes, licensing/regulation).

It's not easier. It's much harder.
However, you can make much better money, especially if you advertise it as an English speaking gan (Israelis will love that).

Another option, if you are going into childcare, is to have a private tzaharon (after-school care) in your home. You need to first see if they are offered for subsidized rates at school, in which case it might not be worth it. But again, you advertise as an English tzaharon. You need to pick them up from school (you need a mini-van) and take them home, do activities with them/feed them till their parents arrive.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 12:00 am
Hi! It's OP again!

I have a schooling question. What type of families in RBS aleph send to the religious public schools? How religious? Is it a similar crowd that sends to Ahavat Yisrael?

I was told the religious public schools are more Israeli and the semi-private are more American. What are the pros and cons to sending to either? What is a better fit for older kids/teens? I originally assumed more american but is that a crutch?

Also, I have to say I was surprised at the price of the semi-private schools. It makes me nervous about tuition costs. I know it's lower then in the US but our income is going to be less also. So I would love if religious public school could be an option.

Thanks in advance!

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 12:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hi! It's OP again!

I have a schooling question. What type of families in RBS aleph send to the religious public schools? How religious? Is it a similar crowd that sends to Ahavat Yisrael?

I was told the religious public schools are more Israeli and the semi-private are more American. What are the pros and cons to sending to either? What is a better fit for older kids/teens? I originally assumed more american but is that a crutch?

Also, I have to say I was surprised at the price of the semi-private schools. It makes me nervous about tuition costs. I know it's lower then in the US but our income is going to be less also. So I would love if religious public school could be an option.

Thanks in advance!

Do you mean Harel?
Plenty of anglos send to the religious public schools. Yes, the families might be a tad more modern than the AY families but pretty similar overall.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 12:17 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Do you mean Harel?
Plenty of anglos send to the religious public schools. Yes, the families might be a tad more modern than the AY families but pretty similar overall.

Yes. Harel was the name of the school mentioned to me. But I was told it's mostly Israeli. Is that true?

Also I need high schools. What would be the high school options?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 12:19 am
Does Harel have a lot of help for olim? Does the administration speak english?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:24 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes. Harel was the name of the school mentioned to me. But I was told it's mostly Israeli. Is that true?

Also I need high schools. What would be the high school options?

AY is also mostly Israeli. I have never dealt with an admin who speak english that well.
High schools are AY (boys and girls separate) gila and noga for girls. shaalei torah and amit nachshon for boys.

All of these schools have native english speaking students. Some less some more. But I wouldn't choose a school based on that. That's my personal feeling. We send our kids to the schools which are the best fit for them.

Many HS kids also travel outside of RBS for high school.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 1:25 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Does Harel have a lot of help for olim? Does the administration speak english?

All schools have to help olim by law.
Yes, AY may have more olim than Harel but it's not like no Olim ever go to Harel. I think you need to come visit each school and meet the admin and the teachers and decide what school is best for your child(ren).

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:17 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
All schools have to help olim by law.
Yes, AY may have more olim than Harel but it's not like no Olim ever go to Harel. I think you need to come visit each school and meet the admin and the teachers and decide what school is best for your child(ren).

So we would like to make aliya next summer. How are we supposed to visit schools if we can't come into the country?

Can you choose a school last minute? Or do you have to decide in advance? How hard is it to get into school?

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:42 am
Tami Elmaliach can help you with all of this.

olimhelp@gmail.com
050-451-8889
She is the liaison to the municipality of Beit Shemesh for the Anglo community

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:00 am
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Tami Elmaliach can help you with all of this.

olimhelp@gmail.com
050-451-8889
She is the liaison to the municipality of Beit Shemesh for the Anglo community

Thank you so much! I really apreciate it!
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions