Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Purim
Who do you send MM to?

shalhevet

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:18 am
The neighbours?
Your children's teachers? Rebbes? etc
People you know well?
People you don't know well?

Maybe we can also give each other some ideas how to use MM to bring simcha to people.

Ozmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:22 am
friend of mine made a deal with me years ago
she wont send me and I wont send her
she has plenty of people that they HAVE to send to, like family and her husbands business contacts, and I have my own to deal with plus I'm lazy.

I wasn't offended by her deal, but I'm wondering if others would be coz I was considering doing that with my other friends as well.

sarahd

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:29 am
I send to my ILs, BILs, rabbanim, a few of my husband's friends and probably to my babysitter and a neighbor or two.

The nicest MM I delivered was one year when my mother decided that the point of MM was to increase joy and achdus and decided to send to a friend of hers to whom she hadn't sent in about 20 years. The woman was so surprised and pleased!!

Ozmom

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 5:31 am
sarahd wrote:

The nicest MM I delivered was one year when my mother decided that the point of MM was to increase joy and achdus and decided to send to a friend of hers to whom she hadn't sent in about 20 years. The woman was so surprised and pleased!!

embarrassed ok now I officially feel guilty for my thought

mali

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 6:45 am
My parents always looked for people who didn't have any family or friends and sent them real food - meat and side dishes.

lotte

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 8:36 am
We must give our neighbours and close family that all come to us during the day of Purim.
My kids started asking last year to go to their friends so we drive,but usually MANY ppl are not home -(they go to their families.)so we end up leaving it by the door.
But-The MOST important things that I try not to forget is to go to all those nebech people like our lonely widow neighbour or this family that lost their mother and ANy basket of shaloach manos that gets into their house-put such smiles on their faces=all you can do is cry with them!

chocolate moose

Post Wed, Feb 21 2007, 9:48 am
Not too many - most of our friends are still busy with little kids......

miriamnechama

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 11:41 am
I usedto make as many as 50 buti decided I'm cutting down alot.

my neighbours in my building I need to give, some english speakers on teh block ,

the boys rebeim, one or 2 others that I mut and usually my sil's siblings, but I'm cutting them out this year as tehy are in aveilus.

dh give to 2 or 3 friends but I really hope to cut down, I used to do through the english neishei bu also taht I'm quitting.

even with a car, I can't run aroiund town, and trafic is terrible with kids stopping you every second that you can't move....

also I allwo my boys to giveto 2 or max 3 friends oter wise the list is endless.

also we have to give to some of dh bosses at work. and some fam in yerushalayim.

for mil I make something usually for the seuda...

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 12:00 pm
this thread really took me by surprise!!!! shock

given all the insane pre-planning that seems 2 b going on around here re purim, shouldnt it b called "2 whom have u ALREADY sent mm???"!!! LOL

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:15 pm
all married siblings -dh and mine, neighbors, friends, grandparents, mom, mil, end up being like a lot. I send money to the rebbe

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:20 pm
everybody and anybody I can think of.................

around 100 total, but they are simple and inexpensive

Mrs. XYZ

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:33 pm
technic wrote:
this thread really took me by surprise!!!! shock

given all the insane pre-planning that seems 2 b going on around here re purim, shouldnt it b called "2 whom have u ALREADY sent mm???"!!! LOL

Actually, you're right technic! It really SHOULD be called "2 whom have u ALREADY sent mm???" because this thread was started about a year ago, so those people obviously sent it already, about 11 months ago!!

technic

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 1:54 pm
LOL

grin

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:00 pm
personally, I feel that sometimes it gets totally out of hand - giving 100 or more IMO is missing the point.
Since the Rebbe says each child is supposed to give their own, each sending to their teacher and one friend is already a lot, bli ayin hara. Besides that we give to our close neighbors, whether they're shomer mitzvos or not. (The ones that aren't, know not to give us food back, so they give us money for the kids instead.)

chocolate moose

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 4:44 pm
I give only the ppl in my building that I'm especially friendly with.

DH goes out to his friends but they're usually not home - many ppl work, are taking out their kids, or are out of town.

It's not that much fun for us.

shanie5

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 6:02 pm
rg wrote:
personally, I feel that sometimes it gets totally out of hand - giving 100 or more IMO is missing the point.
Since the Rebbe says each child is supposed to give their own, each sending to their teacher and one friend is already a lot, bli ayin hara. Besides that we give to our close neighbors, whether they're shomer mitzvos or not. (The ones that aren't, know not to give us food back, so they give us money for the kids instead.)

missing what point? I dont tell anybody else to do it, and it is our family fun-we love purim. we give to everybody in the community, and many of those dont get from others. we bring smiles to many faces every year (I am one of those theme crazy mothers-with the kids joining in the fun).

and my entire mm costs less than most people who only give a dozen or so.......................

Tefila

Post Sun, Jan 13 2008, 8:43 pm
Quote:
we give to everybody in the community, and many of those dont get from others. we bring smiles to many faces every year

Ditto Shanie5
and
Quote:
and my entire mm costs less than most people who only give a dozen or so.......................

Or about on mark Wink
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics