Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Orange And Whiskey Glazed Chicken Thighs With Roast Cherries

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:29 am
This was extremely easy because I prepped everything on Sunday and then just tossed on the sheet pan and baked. Results were excellent especially considering how easy it was. Perfect meal for a week night if you have prepped the night before.

Orange And Whiskey Glazed Chicken Thighs With Roast Cherries

Excerpt From: Meseidy Rivera - Weeknight Gourmet Dinners

I have a deep love for all cocktails made with bourbon or whiskey. This dish was inspired by the classic Manhattan. The chicken thighs are tossed with orange zest and spices and roasted on a sheet pan with dark cherries. They are then finished with an orange and whiskey glaze that is seasoned with a few dashes of Angostura bitters, because you can’t have a proper Manhattan without bitters.

SERVES 4 TO 6

Glaze

¼ cup (60 ml) fresh orange juice
1 clove garlic, grated
1 tbsp (15 g) light brown sugar
2 tbsp (30 ml) whiskey
3 tbsp (60 g) orange marmalade
3 dashes of Angostura bitters

Chicken

Zest of 1 orange
1 tbsp (15 ml) fresh orange juice
½ tsp ground nutmeg
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1 tbsp (18 g) kosher salt
4 lbs (1.8 kg) chicken thighs (about 6 thighs), excess skin trimmed
1½ cups (455 g) frozen dark cherries (about 1 lb)
1 cup (455 g) frozen pearl onions (about 1 lb)

Preheat the oven to 450°F (230°C) and line a 15 x 21–inch (38 x 53–cm) rimmed sheet pan with foil. It is important not to crowd the chicken, to allow the skin to crisp.

Prepare the glaze: In a medium saucepan, whisk together the orange juice, garlic, brown sugar, whiskey and orange marmalade until well combined. Over medium-high heat, bring to a slow boil, then lower the heat to a simmer and continue to cook, whisking, for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and add the bitters, then whisk again until incorporated.

Prepare the chicken: In a small bowl, combine the orange zest, orange juice, nutmeg, garlic, olive oil and salt and mix well.

Spread the chicken thighs, cherries and pearl onions on the prepared sheet pan. Drizzle with the orange zest mixture and mix everything together until well coated with the seasoning. Arrange the chicken thighs skin side up, leaving a good amount of space between them.

Brush the chicken thighs with half of the orange glaze and roast in the oven for 30 minutes. Then, glaze the thighs with the remaining glaze and roast for another 15 minutes, or until the glaze is sticky and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (73°C).

Serve the chicken thighs with the roasted cherries and pearl onions.

NOTE:

The chicken can be seasoned ahead, stored in a resealable plastic bag and refrigerated overnight. The glaze can also be made a day in advance.

If you do not have a 15 x 21–inch (38 x 53–cm) rimmed sheet pan, you can use two 13 x 18–inch (33 x 45–cm) rimmed sheet pans. Just make sure to rotate the racks halfway during roasting, for even cooking.

Last edited by Amarante on Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total

icedcoffee

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:43 am
I want to come to you for dinner!! You have the best recipes.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 10:50 am
icedcoffee wrote:
I want to come to you for dinner!! You have the best recipes.

Thanks. Reading cookbooks is my p*orn. Since we are so restricted in the kind of food available in restaurants, it's a way to eat more interestingly.

Most of the time I cook recipes that are pretty simple to make or can be prepped ahead because I don't want to make a potchke right at dinner. A few ingredients for a sauce or an interesting combination can elevate a dish far behind the amount of work to prepare it.

Once in awhile I will make a potchke dish Very Happy
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey