Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Work evaluations after returning from maternity leave

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:52 pm
I'm working on my work evaluation employee questionnaire and I haven't been through this post-maternity leave before. I spent most of the time from when I returned several months ago up until now getting up to speed with what we've been working on. For example, I just recently got assigned to a crucial project as opposed to drumming up stuff I could work on independently because that way I could be contained and wouldn't be relying on others (whose time was needed for the important stuff) during the busy pandemic onset time, which had a lot of business implications. So it feels good to be trusted and to be delivering important work. However, I'm not sure how to answer the prompt about things I learned and where things went wrong. I know this probably doesn't sound too PC but I feel like what didn't go well is that it took me a significant amount of time to "get my head in the game again". I feel like my brain was mush after my first baby and I forgot very basic things about my work when I came back.

Maybe this is just a vent to people who would understand. I'm just wondering if this situation resonates with anyone and how you managed to articulate your individual setbacks and how you learned from them in a professional context...and also how you did this once you were a mom with all these crazy brain changes! I think the two should be separate (being a professional and being a mommy) at least outwardly but they're all wrapped up into one right now in my mind.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics