Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Anyone have info about the Shaarei grab 'n go in Flatbush?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:12 pm
Hi,
I was picking up food there every Friday. Last time I went they gave out a paper with an email to sign up for next time since they now require sign up. I lost the paper and really can use the food this week. Does anyone have the email address needed to register?? Or does anyone know of any other grab'n go that do Fridays? (I work the rest of the week)I signed up for Torah Temima but of course still waiting so I kind of gave up. A little disappointing..
Thank you so much!

mom39

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:48 pm
Shaare's grab n go is now on Mon and Thurs. Not friday

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 12:52 pm
Thanks for the info! Do you know of any on Sundays or any day after 4?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:05 pm
mom39 wrote:
Shaare's grab n go is now on Mon and Thurs. Not friday

What’s the email address?

amother
Gray

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 1:18 pm
Do you have to be registered to pick up from shaare? Anyone know the times?

amother
Pewter

Post Fri, Jul 10 2020, 6:09 pm
What food does shaarei give?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 2:56 pm
Hi,
Does anyone have the email to sign up for Shaarei? I lost it and can use the food.
Does anyone know which schools give out in Flatbush on Thursdays?
Thank you!!

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:09 pm
Delete

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 3:10 pm
Thank you so much

rikkabella

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 5:02 pm
Just be warned-- the system is a mess. I've waited on line for well over an hour twice already. If you can, best to park nearby and walk up. Avoid Ave M from around 8th to Coney! Best of luck!

amother
Honeydew

Post Wed, Jul 15 2020, 11:05 pm
rikkabella wrote:
Just be warned-- the system is a mess. I've waited on line for well over an hour twice already. If you can, best to park nearby and walk up. Avoid Ave M from around 8th to Coney! Best of luck!

Just to let you know, I've picked up from Shaare many times. Their food is prepackaged in boxes. You drive up and they have quite a few people putting boxes into your cars. They seem to be pretty organized but people aren't abiding by their rules.
Shaare parents and staff can come from 11-12. Everyone else is supposed to come after 12 but that is not the case. That's one reason there is a huge line (cars). They should tell anyone coming at the wrong time to come back later.
The next problem is that now you have to register for a time slot and again people are showing up whenever they want.
The car line goes on Coney, turns on Ave M. By M and E10 you have major traffic bec the cars are coming down both Ave M and E 10 and feeding into the same line.
But the major trouble is people just cutting the line. I constantly see MANY people trying to get in on Coney and I feel like saying "wait on the line like the rest of us". That's what makes the wait a lot longer.

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:04 pm
rikkabella wrote:

Does anyone know if they’re taking new registrations. And if so how do you register

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:23 pm
amother [ Peach ] wrote:
Does anyone know if they’re taking new registrations. And if so how do you register

Bump

rikkabella

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:37 pm
If you PM me, I can try to link it for you. I don't know if it will work.

amother
Silver

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:37 pm
What day are they doing it this week?

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:46 pm
Got an email that due to the heat wave, they are only giving to shaare parents tmrw limited hours. Don't know what other day they are doing. They usually do Thursday but this week it's Tisha b'av.

amother
Silver

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 6:04 pm
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
Got an email that due to the heat wave, they are only giving to shaare parents tmrw limited hours. Don't know what other day they are doing. They usually do Thursday but this week it's Tisha b'av.

I saw the letter about the heat wave..it didn’t say they were only giving the parents of the yeshiva.

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 6:10 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I saw the letter about the heat wave..it didn’t say they were only giving the parents of the yeshiva.

Anyone know when they’re doing it next?

amother
Peach

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 6:11 pm
amother [ Silver ] wrote:

They probably only wrote that to the shaare parents

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 6:21 pm
I got an email yesterday saying due to the heat they were only distributing between 11 and 12 and limited to shaare parents and staff. It was too hot for them to stand in the 95+ heat till 4:30. Don't know when next distribution is.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries