Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Sheva Brachos on Rosh Hashana

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:28 am
Be"h we will be making Sheva Brachos on Rosh Hashana. How does that work? Has anyone done it? What did you do? Rosh Hashana seems to be such a solemn and serious day.... TIA!!

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:52 am
I've made 7 Brachot on Seder night before, but not on Rosh Hashana.
On seder night it's a little complicated, as you have to incorporate the extra 7 brachot cup with the 3rd cup of wine - there's a way of doing it, and I don't remember how.

But Rosh Hashana is like any other shabbat or Yom Tov meal. It's the davening part that's solemn, but the seuda should be a joyous seudat chag.

You could have all the simanim, and in addition to saying the yehi-ratzon's for the new year for all of Am Yisrael, it will especially apply to the new couple as they begin their new life together.

PinkFridge

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:00 am
There's no mitzvah to have a sheva brachos bash every night. However, if there is a minyan, you say sheva brachos after benching. (No panim chadashos necessary for Shabbos, I assume yom tov as well.)
If this is right after the chasunah, so there will be a lot of extra guests around, that's one thing. But if not, yet it's still important to you to have that sheva brachos, you could invite guests for shalosh seudos.
Mazel tov! May everything go smoothly and b'simcha!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics