Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Using other people's bathrooms
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 6:45 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
Am I the only one that doesn't feel the urge to go when I am not in my own home ? Its like my body knows when I'm home or not. Sometimes ill walk in my front door and suddenly feel an urgent need to go. But outside of my home I just don't feel the urge (usually)

Yes! Same exact here. Like literally, we can take a days long road trip without me ever stopping to use the bathroom, but as soon as we start driving up the block the stomach rumbling begins and I’m ready to go as soon as we enter the house. BH!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:03 am
Only as a last resort

Part of the reason is because I don't feel comfortable.

But I also think every toilet has a personality and if I don't know that toilet's personality, I'm afraid to go. Some toilet's can handle, some can't and I hate to need a plunger in someone else's bathroom.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:10 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
Only as a last resort

Part of the reason is because I don't feel comfortable.

But I also think every toilet has a personality and if I don't know that toilet's personality, I'm afraid to go. Some toilet's can handle, some can't and I hate to need a plunger in someone else's bathroom.

You are soooo right. I know lots of embarrassing stories that go in that direction....

Floods, repeat flushes with no results, poop being too big to go down ...

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:13 am
avrahamama wrote:
You are soooo right. I know lots of embarrassing stories that go in that direction....

Floods, repeat flushes with no results, poop being too big to go down ...

You're gonna give me nightmares!

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:15 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
OH MY GOD! Me too! I gag when other people use my bathroom, even if it’s kids that come for play dates or neighbors.
I use as a last resort but it almost never happens because I’m an expert at holding it in.

Well, then imagine having one bathroom and nurses 24/7 in your house, plus about 3 therapists a day...

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 2:28 am
My body is used to going in the morning as soon as I wake up.
If I am sleeping at somebody elses house I will use their bathroom too.
If they are the super clean type they will usually have toilet brush and some soap which I will gladly use to clean the bowl.

csfm

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 2:56 am
lilies wrote:
https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/04/the-private-lives-of-public-bathrooms/360497/
Some of it is interesting.

Wow! What a surprisingly lengthy article! Thanks for sharing it.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 3:32 am
If I dont go number 1 as soon as I can I will likely pee my self. So ya. For no.2 I'll rather wait till I get home unless I'm too far away. Bh here the public toilets are very clean and you have to pay to use them. And I completely agree with the above about plunges. I have one in both my bathrooms. I also have baby wipes, extra toilet paper, bathroom spray, handsoap, garbage bin, a lock on the door and a clean towel.

PeanutMama

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:02 am
I have poop shyness lol
Like I absolutely CANNOT poop in someone else’s bathroom. Only when I have stomach problems then I have no choice lol but I clean the toilet after. Haha

FranticFrummie

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 4:31 am
I have no problem going when I need to go. I also have IBS (sorry, TMI) so I really can't just wait a while.

When I lived in NYC, I had a mental map of every single bathroom that I could walk into without having to buy something first. Usually I'd get a bottled water or a soda, or some kind of snack, but there were some places where they knew me and just waved me in. Hi

I do have one funny, embarrassing story. I went to a couple for Shabbos once, and they had a small condo, where the main bathroom was upstairs, and was private for them. The powder room was just off the livingroom/dining area (uncomfortably close to where we were eating.) I really had to go, so I ducked into the powder room. It was super tiny.

I figured I just had to pee, so I'd be as quiet as I could, and then sneak back to the table. I got up, pulled my clothes back in place, turned around, and flushed the handle. It turned out to not be the flushing handle, but the bidet! Surprised

I squealed so loudly in shock, I'm sure people heard me in the next city. The bathroom was so small, that there was no room for me to escape the stream coming at me. I was absolutely SOAKED all down the front of my dress with bidet water. So much for being sneaky. embarrassed

I had to do the Walk of Shame back to the table, dying each step of the way. Everyone was trying so hard not to laugh at me. I just wanted to disappear.

B'H, I can look back now and laugh about it.

Rappel

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:36 am
Well then. I had no idea this was a thing. You're all invited to my home - apparently I need fear nor mess, nor smell, nor germs of foreign origin.

As for myself- I definitely prefer to not use public restrooms, but if I need to go, I don't hesitate. And if I make a mess, I clean it up, so I'm not shy in others' homes.

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:07 am
FF! That happened to my oldest when he was 4! He kept screaming " the toilet is going backwards!" It was so cute.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics