Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
What’s a good safe car seat ? Anyone have diono 3xr

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:42 pm
What’s your opinion on the car seat. I need to buy one for my 1 year old. The britax I find has been really hot and the one I have expired so I’m looking for something else which is very safe. One store recommended the diono 3xr

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 2:43 pm
They also recommended cybex and nuna

amother
Honeydew

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 3:55 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
They also recommended cybex and nuna

I have the Nuna and love it. I got it in the light gray so it’s not so hot. It has really high weight AND height limits for rear facing, and keeping your kid rear facing longer (ideally until close to 4) is one of the best things you can do to improve safety.

mushkale

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:05 pm
I have the Diono. (Two of them, not sure which exactly) I got them because they're narrow and I needed to fit three carseats in the back. I'm happy with them. The only thing that bothers me is that there isn't so much conforr support around their bodies. Not the carseat itself but when they fall asleep in the car, their heads are sloping etc and I'm sure they wake up with stiff necks...but honestly that could also be because I didnt put all the parts in..

amother
Ginger

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:41 pm
I have a Diono, not sure which model. Personally I would not buy it again, it is very heavy and I find it very annoying. I also don't love how if it's my son. I was buying a car seat today I definitely would not buy it.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 4:53 pm
I don't know much about the different makes etc, but I do know if your only issue is the dark fabric gets too hot, you can buy summer covers for car seats that are in light colors. I def know you can get it for britaxes because I was looking to get it for mine.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 7:18 pm
Any other recommendations for caraways people love that’s high up on safety standardS.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:38 pm
I had a Diono. Wouldn't get again. We do too much carseat maneuvering and it's so, so heavy.

Right now, my main convertible seat is the Extend2Fit by Graco.

tigerwife

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 8:59 pm
I’m happy with my Graco as well, not sure about the exact model.

challahchallah

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 9:30 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
I had a Diono. Wouldn't get again. We do too much carseat maneuvering and it's so, so heavy.

Right now, my main convertible seat is the Extend2Fit by Graco.

I think this brings up a good point, OP. Do you plan on moving this car seat around a bunch or are you mostly going to just install it once and leave it there? Weight becomes critical in the former and is not a huge deal in the latter scenario.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jul 21 2020, 11:42 pm
I won’t be moving it much. When I call store for recommendations they recommend the fancier company names. Are they actually much safer. Does anyone know what’s rated top safety. Like is britax or Franco a top safety car seat? Because they don’t even sell those in their store

amother
Pumpkin

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 12:12 am
Love my diono s. I have 2, 1 for each of our cars and they stay put (too heavy to move on a regular basis.) I have a 3rxt and a 3r. The rxt has a good head support for when a child falls asleep, but because the R does not have that support, there is more peripheral vision for the child so that’s a plus.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:38 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics