Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Gefilte Fish Ideas

corolla

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:20 pm
Any ideas what to put on a gefilte fish loaf to make it more interesting (not just your standard swipe of ketchup, etc.)?

Cheiny

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:24 pm
corolla wrote:
Any ideas what to put on a gefilte fish loaf to make it more interesting (not just your standard swipe of ketchup, etc.)?

Marinara sauce and mushrooms, bake for 90 minutes.

Smear with mayo and coat with corn flake crumbs and spices, bake 90 min.

Cut up round zucchini Slices And onions, put around loaf, pour tomato sauce mixed with spices over all, bake 90 min’s.

Rutabaga

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:27 pm
For Shabbos or in general?

I make baked gefilte fish sometimes as a weekday meal. I defrost the fish ahead of time, pour a little tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan and put the fish on top. Then I cut up veggies into chunks (onion, zucchini, mushrooms, sometimes carrots) and put them around the fish and pour the rest of the can of tomato sauce on top. I add a little dry white wine into the can and pour it over as well, then season lightly with onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. Cover and bake for around an hour at 350° and then remove the cover and bake for another half hour. I usually serve with some sort of grain, like quinoa or rice.

corolla

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 5:33 pm
Rutabaga wrote:
For Shabbos or in general?

I make baked gefilte fish sometimes as a weekday meal. I defrost the fish ahead of time, pour a little tomato sauce in the bottom of the pan and put the fish on top. Then I cut up veggies into chunks (onion, zucchini, mushrooms, sometimes carrots) and put them around the fish and pour the rest of the can of tomato sauce on top. I add a little dry white wine into the can and pour it over as well, then season lightly with onion and garlic powder and salt and pepper. Cover and bake for around an hour at 350° and then remove the cover and bake for another half hour. I usually serve with some sort of grain, like quinoa or rice.

I usually make it for Shabbos.
Sounds good. Thanks!

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:48 pm
Naomi nachman has a yummy honey garlic gefilta fish recipe on her instagram page. I’ve made it a bunch of times. Hang on I’ll post a screenshot.

Stars

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:53 pm

Leleh

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:49 pm
This is by FAR the best gefilte fish I've made. Easy as anything.
https://www.epicurious.com/rec.....30410

artz

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 7:50 pm
the recipe from naomi nachman is amazing I make it almost every week
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics