Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
I need paint color ideas for new home
Previous  1  2

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:07 pm
Anyone recently painted? Would like to know between silver satin and winds breath which is a nicer color? My painter recommended
spraying the moldings and doors . Is it much nicer? Is it washable?

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:10 pm
Wallpaper! The peal and stick so so easy to put on and transforms any space
I did it at my apt and am loving it

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:18 pm
Wallpaper as an accent. Peak and stick wallpaper? Would you know what to look for? Good quality there’s so many options woven.. I don’t know the difference. And where do I shop them?
Mainly I want paint on all common walls though

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:21 pm
amother [ Floralwhite ] wrote:
Wallpaper as an accent. Peak and stick wallpaper? Would you know what to look for? Good quality there’s so many options woven.. I don’t know the difference. And where do I shop them?

Something like this-

https://www.wayfair.com/decor-.....D_BwE

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:28 pm

What would you describe the aesthetic you’re going for?

Bohemian? Coastal? Minimalist? Modern? Shabby chic?

giselle

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 6:34 pm
Anyone recently painted? Would like to know between silver satin and winds breath which is a nicer color? My painter recommended

I like silver satin. It’s basically white, but you should never paint your house the actual color white.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:33 pm

silver satin is very nice. you need to specifically buy washable paint in order for it to be washable.

I had my moldings sprayed and the painter did such a horrible job. it was so uneven. maybe just because he wasnt' a major professional? dont' know but I wouldn't request it again

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:49 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
Balboa mist is also a nice light grey color.

I painted my whole downstairs that color!
It is a really a nice color and I've had compliments.

But I'm hearing now that white is coming in again.
My sis in law who just built a house on the West Coast painted it all white.

Miri1

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 7:50 pm
giselle wrote:
I like silver satin. It’s basically white, but you should never paint your house the actual color white.

You mean specifically PM 2?

There are many shades of white, some greyer, some creamier.

amother
Lemon

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 8:41 pm
My living room is a sky blue color, with a white ceiling, white crown molding. The room is small, but the color looks really good & brightens the room. I have sheer white curtain panels and an area rug that has a little blue it in. I’d say, adding a rug that compliments the wall color you choose would probably look really nice.

My office at home is painted a soft gray-blue. Also has a white ceiling & white crown molding. The room is very very small. All the furniture in the room, including the blinds, except the couch is white. There’s a small gray carpet on the floor. Although the space is small, it doesn’t feel cramped and feels very bright & comfortable.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Jun 02 2020, 9:08 pm
All white? It’s more modern with nice moldings. I thought satin silver has a grey tone? Isn’t that older style and cream/tile more in?

amother
Navy

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 5:47 am
Not op but looking for a white that will not looked like "you forgot to paint the wall...."

Any tried and true suggestions?

4g01o

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:19 am
Dulux chic shadow. It's a grey but it's also a drop bluey. It's a gorgeous warm colour. We've just put it in our new sukka extension room.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 6:31 am
Haven't read this whole thread...but this past winter, my girls and I painted all 3 of them's bedrooms.

When choosing a color, get those little cardboard squares of the paint, bring them home, and line them up at the wall. See which one will look nice.

For example, one DD has beige carpeting. We decided to make her room look beachy (like the carpeting is the sand) and we bought home tons of blues, blue-greens, etc....and we noticed that one color - called Tidewater (Lowes) - really picked up the colors in a framed wall-art she has of seashells, so we went with that. It came out really nice.

Other DD has a pinky/mauve carpet, and I bought home every single shade of pink. We lined them up against the wall, and liked how Sugarbeet looked. Went with that, and her room looks really nice.

Other DD went with a color from Home Depot called Ombre Blue. It's beautiful, but it is a darker color. Her room does have large windows, and is a larger room, so it carries the color. (We chose that color because it matches the piping on her linen).

One tip I find is, always err to the lighter side (unless you really like dark). Especially in a smaller room with fewer windows.

Hatzlacha!

top mom

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:05 am
Chayalle wrote:
Haven't read this whole thread...but this past winter, my girls and I painted all 3 of them's bedrooms.

When choosing a color, get those little cardboard squares of the paint, bring them home, and line them up at the wall. See which one will look nice.

For example, one DD has beige carpeting. We decided to make her room look beachy (like the carpeting is the sand) and we bought home tons of blues, blue-greens, etc....and we noticed that one color - called Tidewater (Lowes) - really picked up the colors in a framed wall-art she has of seashells, so we went with that. It came out really nice.

Other DD has a pinky/mauve carpet, and I bought home every single shade of pink. We lined them up against the wall, and liked how Sugarbeet looked. Went with that, and her room looks really nice.

Other DD went with a color from Home Depot called Ombre Blue. It's beautiful, but it is a darker color. Her room does have large windows, and is a larger room, so it carries the color. (We chose that color because it matches the piping on her linen).

One tip I find is, always err to the lighter side (unless you really like dark). Especially in a smaller room with fewer windows.

Hatzlacha!

That sounds so beautiful!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 7:20 am
I would do bright white with pale teal for a beachy vibe. Adding some rustic wood or yellow accents and clear glass adds to it.

amother
Turquoise

Post Wed, Jun 03 2020, 9:45 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
Wallpaper! The peal and stick so so easy to put on and transforms any space
I did it at my apt and am loving it

You did this yourself?

Fascinated

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 8:37 pm
The best white is Benjamin Moore's OC-65 Chantilly Lace. Bright and pure. My whole house barring the bedrooms is dressed in it. Allows for any accent which I use boldly on curtains and pillows and anything easily changable. Good recipe.
If you need a creamier white for a warmer look, Linen White is the purest cream.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating