Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Asymptomatic corona recovery time
Previous  1  2

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 17 2020, 9:34 am
My DD works in a medical office. She says the doctor there advises patients to get saline from local pharmacy and use it to rinse out nose a couple of times in the days before testing. Sometimes dead corona cells linger in the nose and should be rinsed out.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 3:20 am
he has his own toilet/sink, but not shower. after he takes a shower I air out the room and try to clean the surfaces with a disinfectanct cleaner. Usually he takes at night after everyone else is sleeping, so I'm kind of hoping the germs don't last until the morning. Shabbos we pass him the food and try to have some conversation but its limited by the fact that he is in the other side of a partition so unless everyone is quiet we can't hear what he is saying.
@Chayalle - thanks for the tip! We will try that.

naomi2

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:13 am
This is the saddest thing.
He's not even sick and likely not contagious. He can test positive for weeks from dead viral matter.
Isolation is used as a punishment in prisons and has a severe negative emotional effect on the person who is isolated. It's a form of torture.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 10:49 am
Poor kid! May he have Besuros Tovos quickly!

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Jul 19 2020, 11:36 pm
OP I hope he can come out soon, I really do!

Kol hakavod to you for taking it seriously. We are also dealing with a similar type of situation, and it is a real challenge.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:17 am
Thankfully he got a negative test result today! I did hear there is a way of being released outside of the protocol but my dr's office hasn't yet figured it out.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:28 am
The guidelines just changed today.

"Health Ministry reduces quarantine time for recovered coronavirus patients
Adopting WHO stance, those infected can be presumed cured after 10-13 days, without further testing"

"Those who are diagnosed with the virus but are asymptomatic can leave quarantine after 10 days, the ministry said.
"

https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....ents/

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 6:42 am
Unbelievable! He has been in quarantine in his room since June 30!! 23 days!

naomi2

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 9:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Unbelievable! He has been in quarantine in his room since June 30!! 23 days!

You should send him for a few sessions with a therapist.

Mama Bear

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thankfully he got a negative test result today! I did hear there is a way of being released outside of the protocol but my dr's office hasn't yet figured it out.

Wow. that is terrible. No one is contagious for 23 days. 4 days after being asymptomatic you're fine to leave. Im so sorry he spent 23 days in solitary confinement. that's mamish insane. ((HUGS))

Miri1

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 11:44 am
I"m so happy to hear that this is behind you bH!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:03 am
We celebrated his release! Thank you all for your concern and input!
I hope after this others won't have to go through this since new rules have made the process considerably shorter and easier.
I also hope he has grown from the experience. He has always been a type of kid who has had trouble with authority (he is an older teenager), and always thought he could 'outsmart' it. but by the end when I suggested he go out for air his answer was - do you want to pay the 5000 shekel fine? I'm not taking the risk.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics