Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Lcsw find a job in israel??

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 11:41 pm
Hey!

My husband just got his lcsw and wondering what job opportunities are in israel? His Hebrew is ok but just wondering what my options might be? Is this something that can support a family? Or will I have to work too?

Any advice?

sevengirl

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 12:00 am
Nefesh bnefesh just had a few webinars on this - definitely listen to them

amother
Aubergine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:07 am
Maybe he can do telehealth for Americans as well.

DrMom

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:10 am
Just be aware: Israeli social workers just wrapped up a short strike because their pay was so low and working conditions so bad.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/.....rike/

Success10

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:14 am
Government social workers don't get a lot and you would have to work. There are plenty of Anglo social workers in the system, but I think he'd have to have a good working Hebrew to get a job. I might be wrong.

Is becoming a proper psychologist an option? Then he could work privately with the Anglo population and make a proper living.

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:22 am
My experience is that unless DH is working in something lucrative, like medicine or hi-tech, you'll need to work too. He'll be limited to dealing with an anglo population privately until he becomes very fluent in Hebrew. Best to center yourselves in anglo hubs like Ramat Bet Shemesh, Jerusalem, Raanana etc

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:54 am
Ok so a social worker doesn’t have as many options as let’s say a PhD psychologist? I think here in the states both phd’s and lcsw both have private clients and can have Successful private practices too.

Thanks

Success10

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Ok so a social worker doesn’t have as many options as let’s say a PhD psychologist? I think here in the states both phd’s and lcsw both have private clients and can have Successful private practices too.

Thanks

You don't need a phd to be successful here in a private practice. You need to be skilled. And there are laws about you labeling yourself a psychologist if you don't have a phd.

Last edited by Success10 on Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:07 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:05 am
Success10 wrote:
You don't need a phd to be successful here in a private practice. You need to be skilled. And there are laws about you labeling yourself a psychiatrist if you don't have a phd.

A psychiatrist is completely different to a psychologist. A psychiatrist is a doctor and then specializes in psychiatric medicine.

Success10

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:06 am
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
A psychiatrist is completely different to a psychologist. A psychiatrist is a doctor and then specializes in psychiatric medicine.

You are right, let me correct that.

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:41 am
Frum Male social workers and therapists are usually in high demand here, he should find a job pretty easily. However most families here are two income families. Don’t expect one salary to cover all your family’s expenses.
Edit - an LCSW (that’s a masters therapeutic degree right?) is probably the only way to make money in social work. I know several who are therapist with private practices.

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:07 am
He can have a private practice as a LCSW but it will take time for him to establish a good reputation. In the anglo community private therapy is all about word of mouth and recommendations from friends.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions