Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Masks in schools in September
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:09 am
Are your kids schools mandating masks in September (In the tri state area? )

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:58 am
My kids’ schools didn’t mandate masks when they (illegally?) opened in June, so I’m going to assume it’s a no for September.

finprof

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:22 am
My 6 & 8 year olds are used to them already but I have twins turning 2 in Sept who need to be in daycare so I can work. They've started practicing wearing them but its a struggle. I'm happy that its mandated now in my state. Hopefully this will keep things under control.

amother
Turquoise

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:25 am
I think schools should use the clear masks. Most people rely on lip reading more than they know.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:31 am
I really hope they don't mandate it, I will be keeping my son home next year, kindergarten age if he has to wear one. It is child abuse.

My other kids are older (7 & 9) and BH I have avoided having them wear one till now. Hopefy it won't be mandated or I don't know if they will be in school year.....and I need to work....

amother
Yellow

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:31 am
amother [ Turquoise ] wrote:
I think schools should use the clear masks. Most people rely on lip reading more than they know.

The teachers wore face shields when kids first returned to school with pexi glass barriers on the desk.
But face shields alone have been proven to be ineffective.

And besides the masks lasted maybe a week and then they came off.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:38 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
My kids’ schools didn’t mandate masks when they (illegally?) opened in June, so I’m going to assume it’s a no for September.

Bad example. If they opened illegally they clearly don’t care about following the guidelines implemented for safety. Of course they wouldn’t mandate masks

Stars

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:39 am
I hope not. It’s child abuse.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:39 am
I am not in the tri-state area, but our school says they will be mandating masks for grade 3 and up, plus staff. I can’t imagine how well this will work. Guess we’ll see.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:40 am
My 5 year old has been in emergency back up daycare since may and has been wearing a mask all day, every day. She knows to stay away from those who don’t because (in her words) they are not being safe. Kids will follow your lead; we follow the Safety guidelines and so does she. She also knows that staying home, maskless, is a lot less fun that where she gets to go play and learn every day

naturalmom5

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:30 am
Stars wrote:

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

amother
Salmon

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:38 am
My kids' school is doing plexiglass around the desks, with masks when you're not at the desk.

SixOfWands

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:39 am
Stars wrote:

Trying to ensure that other children and their families don't come down with a potentially fatal disease, that often causes extremely painful conditions short of death, and that may have lifelong health consequences for those who recover, is "child abuse"?

Do you understand what "child abuse" is?

Do you understand that by conflating "child abuse" with "my little snowflake may be uncomfy" you are diminishing child abuse?

Calling mask requirement "abuse" is both histrionic and ridiculous.

amother
Black

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:43 am
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
My 5 year old has been in emergency back up daycare since may and has been wearing a mask all day, every day. She knows to stay away from those who don’t because (in her words) they are not being safe. Kids will follow your lead; we follow the Safety guidelines and so does she. She also knows that staying home, maskless, is a lot less fun that where she gets to go play and learn every day

I am not in the tri state area, but in MD masks are now required for age 2 and up in indoor public areas. That's why the public schools are all going digital. Jewish schools haven't announced yet. But they will follow the law, so if they do open, the kids will all have to wear masks.
I guess right now in the tri state area, they haven't mandated the same. But that may change. I will be surprised if it doesn't, honestly. Especially as teachers unions and some parent groups bring up safety concerns. Just be prepared.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:50 am
Stars wrote:

It's also child abuse if your child ends up in the hospital Bec you wouldn't put a mask on them!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:51 am
My kids school announced face shields in the classroom, masks while leaving the classroom.
I guess because the classroom can be set up with 6 ft, plexiglass, etc. And it's written masks are only required when 6 ft is not feasible- hallways, etc.
I like this compromise because I feel so much learning will get lost without seeing expressions and lips.

fleetwood

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ Green ] wrote:
I really hope they don't mandate it, I will be keeping my son home next year, kindergarten age if he has to wear one. It is child abuse.

My other kids are older (7 & 9) and BH I have avoided having them wear one till now. Hopefy it won't be mandated or I don't know if they will be in school year.....and I need to work....

You obviously don't " need" to work or you would put a mask on your kid!!

mha3484

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:59 am
My kids are starting pre1a and 4th grade in a large Midwestern city. I am waiting to hear what the schools plan is but they want full days with full classes so there will likely be masks. I think they need the structure of school badly and if it means masks then so be it. My job as their mother is to model resilience and rising to the occasion. I think its going to work out just fine and I tel them that. We will get through this.

Camp is pretty strict on the masks and the boys are doing fine with it.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 12:01 pm
fleetwood wrote:
You obviously don't " need" to work or you would put a mask on your kid!!

EXCUSE ME.
I actually do NEED to work but my families health comes first. I don't breathe when I wear a mask and I will not have my kids in masks every single day. I actually know the president of the school board where I live and they are trying to fight the mask wearing since they feel it's unsafe.
Anyways I doubt my kids schools will mandate it.

amother
Green

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 12:02 pm
mha3484 wrote:
My kids are starting pre1a and 4th grade in a large Midwestern city. I am waiting to hear what the schools plan is but they want full days with full classes so there will likely be masks. I think they need the structure of school badly and if it means masks then so be it. My job as their mother is to model resilience and rising to the occasion. I think its going to work out just fine and I tel them that. We will get through this.

Camp is pretty strict on the masks and the boys are doing fine with it.

My kids are not wearing mask in camp bh.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics