Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Baked Pecan Chicken

Amarante

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:49 am
This was delicious and super easy. Essentially this is a more savory type of schnitzel.

However, I did modify the instructions a bit as I coated the chicken pieces separately and not in the pan that I cooked in. I have a type of "rack" which has smaller gaps which I use for oven baked food. The food doesn't fall down and it is elevated so the bottom doesn't get soggy but crisps as well. I spray this rack with Pam so the food doesn't stick.

Needless to say I line the bottom of the pan with tin foil because I hate cleaning stick pans.

Chicken breasts would work but I would probably pound them a bit so they are thinner - not so thin to make a cutlet but just a little because breasts tend to be thicker.

Mixing the ingredients (except nuts) in a mini Cuisinart is really helpful as it got out the chunks from my chutney. If I make again I would add a clove of garlic - because why not? There is no savory dish not improved with a garlic and I have been safe from vampires all my life as well. LOL

Baked Pecan Chicken

Excerpt From: Mary Berry. “One Step Ahead: Over 100 simple make-ahead recipes and tips to save you time and effort.”

Here boned chicken thighs are coated with a crisp spicy pecan crust. Some of the nuts may fall off – don’t worry, just sprinkle them back over the chicken when serving them warm, with potato wedges and a dressed salad.

SERVES 4
6 – 8 chicken thighs, boned and skin removed

FOR THE PECAN CRUST

2 tablespoons orange juice from a carton
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon curry powder
2 tablespoons smooth mango chutney
100g (4 oz) pecan nuts, finely chopped
paprika

Make the pecan crust by mixing all the ingredients except the paprika in a bowl until well combined.

Line a roasting tin with parchment paper and spread the mixture over the top.

Season the chicken with salt and pepper and press the thighs into the crust mixture on both sides, so each thigh is coated with a thin layer.

Arrange in a single layer in the roasting tin and sprinkle with a little paprika.

The chicken can be rolled in the crumb mixture up to 24 hours ahead and kept covered in the fridge. It is not suitable for freezing.

Bake in an oven preheated to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6 for about 30 minutes, until golden brown and crispy.

AGA COOKING Slide on to the second set of runners in the roasting oven for about 25 – 30 minutes.”
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey