Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
Childrens clothing company

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 9:46 am
Hi, everyone!

I would love to start my own childrens clothing company, im really new in this and have no acquaintances in the line.
Does anyone have any information on how I jump into it?
Does anyone know of a good and reliable clothing manufacturer I can work with?
and just maybe is there anyone out there I can reach out to and shell guide me through it?

Thanks a lot!

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:07 am
isnt there anyone out there in the line and would be able to share some tips?

mommy3b2c

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:11 am
I can share some tips. But just curious why you think someone in the line would want to? You would be their competition. Also, why do you feel this is something you want to do? How much start up money do you have? What kind of clothing do you want to sell?

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:19 am
first im sure there are other women that were once in the same shoes that I am with a drive for something new and no info on how to go about it. I figured there will be someone that "has been there, done that" and wouldn't mind helping me out.
there are just so many options out there how do I know who is good and reliable?
id like to do kids comfy lounge-wear, there is a need for so so many.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:25 am
A word of advice: no one is going to give you their manufactures for free.

You have to research and sample multiple times until you are satisfied with the product and factory.

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:27 am
and for money?

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:27 am
or advise how they got to the right one?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:28 am
I have to agree with Mommy3b.

There’s a huge copycat syndrome going on amongst frum manufacturers. Companies have spent years building up their business with sweat and tears only to have others copy their designs and styles. I can’t see how anyone in this line of business would want to throw you a freebie and send you to their factory...

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:41 am
itis1786 wrote:
and for money?

That’s going to cost.. a lot!

Keep in mind you need huge amount of investments and it takes about 2-3 years to see profit.

I don’t do kids clothes because I’m afraid of the measurements and sizing and different materials ect. I’m in a simpler line (generally obviously it has its days). But I’d NEVER EVER give away my manufacturers unless I was looking to close shop.

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:42 am
itis1786 wrote:
or advise how they got to the right one?

Like I said. Trial and error.

Sample tons and tons of factories. Even if the product is good you want to make sure they are easy to work with and the production time isn’t too long.

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:50 am
any more positive advise?

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:54 am
itis1786 wrote:
any more positive advise?

When your customers are happy with your product it’s the most satisfying feeling in the whole world.

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:54 am
Thank you!

but till then?

amother
Silver

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:57 am
SuperWify wrote:
That’s going to cost.. a lot!

Keep in mind you need huge amount of investments and it takes about 2-3 years to see profit.

I don’t do kids clothes because I’m afraid of the measurements and sizing and different materials ect. I’m in a simpler line (generally obviously it has its days). But I’d NEVER EVER give away my manufacturers unless I was looking to close shop.

Random but didn’t know you were in manufacturing/ ran a business.

amother
Cobalt

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:16 am
go to thejwe.com

you can find a free mentor who would be happy to help you out. yes, for free.

there are women out there who want to give back and want to help others starting off or who need help making their businesses succeed.

yes, there is a lot of competition. but there are many women who are already successful and have been in your shoes and would be happy to give you whatever information they can (or feel comfortable with). there are nice people out there.

again, go check out thejew.com

you'd also benefit from going to their events and meeting other jewish female entrepreneurs

itis1786

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 11:31 am
thank you so so much! really appreciated!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers