Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
How long did you lose taste and smell?

BA

Post Wed, Jul 22 2020, 10:47 pm
Curious how long people with corona have lost taste and smell? Looking for people on the shorter end. Thanks

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:19 am
10-14 days

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:34 am
Many months. Still not back.

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:38 am
My husband had COVID-19 in March. It's July now, and he still cannot smell anything. For havdalah, we were told that DH skips the bracha of 'Borei Minai Besamim' and I make the bracha after he's done havdalah.

amother
Cerise

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:52 am
For me was less than a week. Though to be fair, I never lost it fully.

simpleme

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:07 am
5 days

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:28 am
For me and my husband it never fully came back. The taste did, but not the smell.. I can smell if an item is right by my nose but not a general smell. Like I can’t smell anything that’s cooking or baking! Can never tell if I’m burning anything. There’s been lots of burned pizza at my house! We both got sick that first week When covid hit our communities after Purim so it’s been months!!

chanchy123

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:36 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
My husband had COVID-19 in March. It's July now, and he still cannot smell anything. For havdalah, we were told that DH skips the bracha of 'Borei Minai Besamim' and I make the bracha after he's done havdalah.
My DH hasn’t been able to smell besamim for years due to an allergy. I say the bracha for besamim during Havdala. Every week since coronavirus I’m in mortal fear that I’ll say the bracha and suddenly not smell anything and it will be a bracha levatala. Those split second between the bracha and the smelling are the most intense it my week.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:48 am
Is it an age thing? I'm in my 50s and lost it for less than a week. My kids took a few weeks.

malki2

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 5:53 am
I had a mild case way in the beginning (right after Purim). I lost my smell and taste. Taste returned after a week. Smell took much longer. For months I could only smell strong things like essential oils and then only very faintly. Baruch Hashem it recently started coming back. It’s now at about 30 percent capacity.

amother
Khaki

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:47 am
My dh was sick over Pesach. For the first couple of months he had zero taste n smell. At this point it's on and off but he says that everything smells horrendous!

Cheiny

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:02 am
Refuah shelaima to all.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:08 am
I was sick in March and my smell isn't back fully. I know people that their smell didn't come back yet at all. It's so nerve wracking.

amother
Jade

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:13 am
I lost it for a few days. My daughter had covid way back in the beginning and lost her smell until recently- now she says that everything smells like barf and she lost her appetite

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:27 am
My DH was sick in March. He still complains of this weird taste when he eats things and bad smell sometimes.
he says it's worse with foods that have stronger flavors like garlic for example. He went to the dr and the dr said it should come back but if it isn't better by September, he can put him on steroids or something to help with regrowth of certain cells that affect taste and smell.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:48 am
Took about 2.5 months to have it completely back.

amother
Ginger

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 10:55 am
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
For me and my husband it never fully came back. The taste did, but not the smell.. I can smell if an item is right by my nose but not a general smell. Like I can’t smell anything that’s cooking or baking! Can never tell if I’m burning anything. There’s been lots of burned pizza at my house! We both got sick that first week When covid hit our communities after Purim so it’s been months!!

Same thing! I completely lost smell and taste when I was very sick in April. That was probably for around 2 weeks.
I thought I got it back but recently I don’t smell anything baking at all! Not challah, cake, kugel... I can smell something when I put it to my nose.
The other day my family was asking me what the strange smell in the house was. I didn’t know what they were talking about! I realized they must be smelling bleach as I was doing a white load and was using a lot of bleach. I didn’t smell anything!
I asked my husband to check if the crockpot was plugged in on shabbos morning because I didn’t smell the Chulent when I woke up and I usually do!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics