Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
If Empire Poultry has Chassidishe Hechsherim, why
Previous  1  2

amother
Brunette

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 12:44 am
thanks wrote:
Can you define what a more frum brand is? What does that even mean?
Anyone who is really in the know, knows that o-u has very high standards. All the small hechsherim rely on the o-u.

OU is a wonderful hechsher but they take certain leniemcies so I do my research and find out what we do eat. It doesn’t mean it’s not kosher. It just means we have more stringencies. Examples:

Wine (we drink very few brands)
Some grape juice brands and any product that contains grape juice - like gushers or some fruit roll up flavors
Raisins (wine issues and bugs)
Canned vegetables (not bushul yisroel - many hechsherim hold canning itself is not bishul at all - we don’t. So OU will say it doesn’t have to be bishul. Other places will tell me if it is that run or it always is).
Frozen skinless salmon (skinned on ship)
Candy with confectionary glaze (ie Mike and Ikes) (bugs)
Canned tuna (not bushul yisroel and fish issues)
Cream of tartar (made from wine)
Frozen strawberries, blueberries, broccoli... (bugs)
Lettuce (bugs)
Cookies/crackers (not pas yisroel)

Meat and chicken - there are differences in speeds, checking knives frequencies, checking lungs, how they salt (we stopped eating one brand - not Ou - because they started using a new salting method).

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 2:29 pm
Another difference between different meat/poultry plants is how many chickens are sheathed per shochet per minute. The more they shechtman per minute, the faster they have to move, the more potential for miscuts. No idea how fast Empire shechts.

amother
Puce

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 3:49 pm
thanks wrote:
Can you define what a more frum brand is? What does that even mean?
Anyone who is really in the know, knows that o-u has very high standards. All the small hechsherim rely on the o-u.
I know some people only eat pelleh poultry. They keep certain chumros the other brands don’t do.

I eat empire myself, I’m just saying I know there are those that don’t. But those people should please recognize that empire is kosher and they’re not eating it due to a chumrah.

And we don’t eat fish, poultry, or meat if it only has an ou. They have different standards for different foods. So a hechsher might rely on the ou for cookies but not tuna fish. Everyone should do what works for them, and not teach their kids to tell others that what they’re eating isn’t really kosher (yes that has happened)
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries