Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
I’m struggling

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 1:35 pm
About 3 yrs ago I made some big lifestyle changes & lost 65 lbs. but in the last few months I gained some back & I can’t get back on track.
My DH is incredibly supportive he made the same changes when he saw how well I was doing & Bh got in great shape to.
Right now I’m just not finding the self control I need. I’m not feeling very good about myself because I’m not eating as well as I should & bec of the little weight I gained.

amother
Red

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 4:26 pm
Hugs.
You managed to keep it off for 3 years. That's amazing. What are your triggers? Do you have to have them around? What were the incentives that got you going 3 years ago?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 7:09 pm
amother [ Red ] wrote:
Hugs.
You managed to keep it off for 3 years. That's amazing. What are your triggers? Do you have to have them around? What were the incentives that got you going 3 years ago?

I try not have anything in the house that I “like” but I have kids so that gets hard & when I have guests it’s also hard.
Right now I’m struggling to back into the mind set I need to keep on track.

Chana Miriam S

Post Thu, Jul 23 2020, 8:29 pm
I hear you. And thank you for posting. You remind me that none of us are immune.

I’m going to say this, and tell you that even though you don’t think you can, you CAN!

What worked for you before? Write it down.
What failed you? Write it down
Was there anything you thought was working for you but might have triggered your relapse? Write it down

I’m here to tell you that it is possible to get rid of triggers so completely that you don’t even miss them. Even if someone is eating it in front of you.

I was a total foodie. And a cook. I had a catering Business and a restaurant and I worked hard to make everything as perfect as possible! I was proud and I was high level. Nothing wasn’t a party in my mouth. Ever. Ya feel me?

Since taking the reins of my wAy if eating, and literally never cheating, I’m happy even with simple, plain foods. My tastes have changed completely. Don’t get me wrong. We still cook insanely well, but we are careful only to eat the things that work for us. Yes, us.

I learned a long time ago, that literally every failed attempt at changing my life was caused by my crossing boundaries that I should not have.

This time, the key piece was that I had to keep my blood sugar stable, or I was going to go blind. Once I realized that was the key to my stability I knew I could never transgress again. Ever.

Like I can never have another cigarette again. Even though it’s been twenty seven years which is 15 longer than I even smoked.

Do what works for you. It should not take long to adapt if you go hard. Don’t stArve. Eat what works for you to cut off your addictions. Then go back at your new life like never before, appreciating the chance you got to get it back. Nothing tastes as good as that!

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 3:08 am
andrea levy wrote:
I hear you. And thank you for posting. You remind me that none of us are immune.

I’m going to say this, and tell you that even though you don’t think you can, you CAN!

What worked for you before? Write it down.
What failed you? Write it down
Was there anything you thought was working for you but might have triggered your relapse? Write it down

I’m here to tell you that it is possible to get rid of triggers so completely that you don’t even miss them. Even if someone is eating it in front of you.

I was a total foodie. And a cook. I had a catering Business and a restaurant and I worked hard to make everything as perfect as possible! I was proud and I was high level. Nothing wasn’t a party in my mouth. Ever. Ya feel me?

Since taking the reins of my wAy if eating, and literally never cheating, I’m happy even with simple, plain foods. My tastes have changed completely. Don’t get me wrong. We still cook insanely well, but we are careful only to eat the things that work for us. Yes, us.

I learned a long time ago, that literally every failed attempt at changing my life was caused by my crossing boundaries that I should not have.

This time, the key piece was that I had to keep my blood sugar stable, or I was going to go blind. Once I realized that was the key to my stability I knew I could never transgress again. Ever.

Like I can never have another cigarette again. Even though it’s been twenty seven years which is 15 longer than I even smoked.

Do what works for you. It should not take long to adapt if you go hard. Don’t stArve. Eat what works for you to cut off your addictions. Then go back at your new life like never before, appreciating the chance you got to get it back. Nothing tastes as good as that!

Thank you.
You sound incredibly strong.

toysrus

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:49 am
Just wondering, how did u manage to lose that weight 3 years ago? what diet/lifestyle etc was it?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 4:54 am
toysrus wrote:
Just wondering, how did u manage to lose that weight 3 years ago? what diet/lifestyle etc was it?

Very low carb
No sugar
Cardio every single day
Lots of veg & protein
I made the changes very slowly over 6 months.

amother
Honeydew

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:15 am
I want to explain that I also have the same issues such that it's hard to have these foods in the house, but its for the kids.

I also have gained weight since being by my computer all day because my job was on the computer due to coronavirus.

So, I'm also having a hard time getting back into it. I understand how you feel. Its depressing and frustrating that I gained the weight. But, dont give up, just take it slow, and start cutting out the sugar etc...like you did previously, start doing exercise like you did previously....its hard, but if you did it before, you can do it again...I know that personally for me, I keep carrots etc(healthy snacks) available to get me in mode to eat healthy and try to stay away from sugar treats for my kids...hatzlacha

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jul 24 2020, 6:16 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you.
You sound incredibly strong.

I’m not strong because I’m strong. I’m strong because I’m weak. I feel like now I’m strong but I’m really strong because I worried about derailing myself and then was blessed to learn that staying in my woe was not hard as I did it. You’re welcome to reach out to me privately to share resources.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise