Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Help a fashion clueless ima-which color shoes can I wear?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 10:50 am
So I'm one of these oblivious to fashion, what matches with what etc. I'm usually very conservative with the colors I wear and the style outfits.
I've just bought a new pair of shoes in steel grey-can I wear them with black tights or skin color only? Also which color outfits can I wear them with-does it have to have grey on the outfit?
TIA

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:22 am
Grey can go with navy, burgundy, black, etc. Lots of colors!
You don't need to have gray in your outfit. I just wouldn't wear them with, say, an all green outfit.
That said, in the summer I'd stick to skin color stockings. And while navy is making a comeback, it's been years since I've seen someone wearing navy tights.
Now, silver/metallic shoes can go with almost anything.

amother
Crimson

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:27 am
I don’t like the look of tights that are a darker color than shoes (or skirt) To me that’s a fashion faux pas

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:31 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Grey can go with navy, burgundy, black, etc. Lots of colors!
You don't need to have gray in your outfit. I just wouldn't wear them with, say, an all green outfit.
That said, in the summer I'd stick to skin color stockings. And while navy is making a comeback, it's been years since I've seen someone wearing navy tights.
Now, silver/metallic shoes can go with almost anything.

Lol good to know about navy. I’ve been wearing navy tights for the past few years when I wear a navy outfit in the winter. What other tights was I supposed to wear with that??

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:37 am
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Lol good to know about navy. I’ve been wearing navy tights for the past few years when I wear a navy outfit in the winter. What other tights was I supposed to wear with that??

Gray, smoke, or silver. Even black, depending on the outfit.
Navy on top of navy (clothes, tights, and shoes) is a bit over much-I haven't seen that since the 90s. Sorry I don't mean to insult you. Just saying the fashion trend. Navy is being paired with black now, though that used to be an absolute no-no.

amother
Copper

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:52 am
I haven't seen navy tights or even much in the way of gray tights.

In the winter I'd try to just wear black boots, or (I think!) black tights and black shoes?

amother
Black

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 11:52 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Navy on top of navy (clothes, tights, and shoes) is a bit over much-I haven't seen that since the 90s. Sorry I don't mean to insult you. Just saying the fashion trend. Navy is being paired with black now, though that used to be an absolute no-no.

Wait you’re saying that a navy based top can’t be worn with a navy skirt?!

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:12 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

I think navy tights with a navy outfit looks the nicest. I don’t care if it is ‘90s.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:24 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Wait you’re saying that a navy based top can’t be worn with a navy skirt?!

No
I'm saying a completely monochromatic outfit looks a bit much. So if you are wearing a navy top and navy skirt and navy shoes, a good way to strike a note of contast is with your hosiery.
Substitute "navy" for any color and you will see what I mean. Think of someone wearing completely yellow down to shoes and tights.
*Btw, navy shades are hard to match up exactly. So unless you bought a complete ensemble, chances are the shades in at least one part of your outfit is probably not quite the same and you end up with a clashing look.)

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:26 pm
amother [ Copper ] wrote:
I haven't seen navy tights or even much in the way of gray tights.

In the winter I'd try to just wear black boots, or (I think!) black tights and black shoes?

I haven't even seen navy tights being sold in years. I guess some frum stores do?
Eventually they will make a comeback. Most fashion does.
Fashion is cycling back to the 80s. Shoulder pads are starting to come in. It may be a year or two until it hits frum fashion, but it's coming.

amother
Azure

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:35 pm
Op, where were you buying navy tights?
My girls actually wear navy tights with their navy school Uniforms but I haven’t seen adults wear that in a while.
I actually liked the look- navy skirt, navy tights, navy shoes.. or brown skirt, brown tights, brown shoes..
I hope it comes back again soon!
I’m actually very untrendy. I wish someone would put out a pamphlet each season with what’s in style and what is completely out.
My girls tell me that I’m the only person who wears black shoes in the summer... oh well.

amother
Firebrick

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 12:45 pm
I love navy and wear navy tights with navy outfits all the time (not in the summer though). It’s a much more flattering look than black, which looks harsh on most people with pale skin. You can easily buy navy tights in all the frum stores, but I buy mine at Macy’s (Hue brand). I usually add a pop of color to the outfit with necklace or tichel.

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 1:59 pm
If you scour the internet you can find adult navy tights.
I shop at Macy's regularly and haven't seen navy tights in a few years. Not saying some don't carry, but they are not currently popular.
Hue is pretty much the only brand Macy's carries now, btw, but I find their quality has sadly gone down.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics