Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals
Gnocchi

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:42 pm
The threads I found are for making the gnocchi. I bought frozen, how do I prepare them?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 2:44 pm
Boil for 2 minutes as per package instructions.
Toss with homemade pesto, brown in pan with butter, or use serve your favorite way to eat gnocchi.

rising hero

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:23 pm
Eta: I thought your asking for sauce recipes. I think you cook the frozen same as not frozen it probably just takes a few minutes longer. Sometimes there are instructions on the packaging.

The bartenura comes with a recipe in the back that I made a few times.

This recipe from Mehadrin. I used the packaged gnocchi from bartenura and cooked according to instructions.

Another recipe I found, didnt try it yet:
16 ounces potato gnocchi
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1–2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cups milk
3 heaping cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
INSTRUCTIONS
Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, set aside, and return the empty pot to the stove. Melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic to butter and sauté for about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
Add flour to butter and whisk to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds or so to cook out any raw flour taste. Slowly add milk to roux, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has just begun to thicken. Stir chopped spinach into sauce and cook 3-4 minutes more until spinach has wilted and sauce has thickened.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove pot from heat. Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir to combine. Return cooked gnocchi to sauce and stir to combine.

ces

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 4:42 pm
Madam F. wrote:
Eta: I thought your asking for sauce recipes. I think you cook the frozen same as not frozen it probably just takes a few minutes longer. Sometimes there are instructions on the packaging.

The bartenura comes with a recipe in the back that I made a few times.

This recipe from Mehadrin. I used the packaged gnocchi from bartenura and cooked according to instructions.

Another recipe I found, didnt try it yet:
16 ounces potato gnocchi
2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
1–2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tablespoons flour
1 1/4 cups milk
3 heaping cups fresh spinach, roughly chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
INSTRUCTIONS
Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Drain, set aside, and return the empty pot to the stove. Melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic to butter and sauté for about a minute until garlic is fragrant.
Add flour to butter and whisk to form a roux. Cook for 30 seconds or so to cook out any raw flour taste. Slowly add milk to roux, whisking constantly to break up any lumps. Cook for 3-4 minutes until sauce has just begun to thicken. Stir chopped spinach into sauce and cook 3-4 minutes more until spinach has wilted and sauce has thickened.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove pot from heat. Add parmesan cheese to sauce and stir to combine. Return cooked gnocchi to sauce and stir to combine.

That spinach one sounds scrumptious! I bookmarked this page and will have to come back and make it when I'm not on a diet Cool
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Dairy & Pareve Meals