Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Gift for grandmother's birthday

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:16 pm
My grandmother is celebrating a milestone birthday this week, and I can't think of a good gift. Was originally thinking of one of those personalized photo items (calendar, blanket, etc) but now it's too late to organize that. I brought up the idea of a digital photo frame but dh shot that down because he thinks he'll get roped into managing it since he's the big tech expert in the family. Any other ideas?

amother
Slateblue

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:20 pm
For my grandma's 60th we took her out for dinner. (All daughters n daughters in law, and the few eldest grandchildren). For her 65th we crashed her house one Sunday and ordered in pizza. Some aunts bought paper goods, eggplant, salad and some helped more with clean up. Not everyone was able to make it but we figured whoever can will still be nice.
She doesn't need our linen set or pretty wall clock, she wants the nachas.
I usually just call to say happy birthday. I think it's her kids responsibility to organize something, I'm a grandkid I can chip in or show up.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 8:31 pm
Not an option this year due to the pandemic. She's a lot older than 60, it would be unsafe for her. She's having a drive by "party" on Sunday and I don't want to show up empty handed.

trixx

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 9:11 pm
The digital photo frame is no big deal. You set up an account with an email address. Everyone emails pics there and it automatically displays. No upkeep needed as long as you keep it plugged in and turned on.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics