Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Kitchen tips/hacks - funny edition
  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:02 pm
Can we start a lighthearted thread?

Here’s a tip:

Whatever you do, do not rub an itchy eye with fingertips covered in cayenne pepper powder.
The stuff burns.

ExtraCredit

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:06 pm
I love light threads!

Here’s another tip:
If a piece of eggshell lands in the bowl why don’t you play a game of tag with it? Just keep running after it with your fingers and you’ll just be amazed how the shell will always win the race. You’ll never catch it. I suggest you dump the ingredients and start over!

Sunny Days

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:08 pm
By all means- DO NOT do what I did this friday after cooking the eggs- spilled the water in the garbage can...

ShishKabob

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:12 pm
When you shake up the Orange juice bottle, make sure the cap is screwed tight!

amother
Burgundy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:13 pm
Always hold the cover in place when pouring sugar from your sugar canister....
I learned my lesson when the cover popped off from the weight of a whole 5lbs of sugar while pouring 🙈🙈🙈

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:19 pm
Oopsie

iyar

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:21 pm
Turn the mixer off before you lick the beaters!

Genius

Never pick up a metal skewer with your bare hands when it’s right off the grill.
That said, it’s also a good idea to be sure the nozzle of the oil spray is pointed towards the target...

amother
Khaki

If you're letting scraps fall on the floor as you cook to clean up later, make sure your toddler isn't there first.

The stove and oven both work better if you turn them on.

preciousmommy

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:24 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
If you're letting scraps fall on the floor as you cook to clean up later, make sure your toddler isn't there first.

The stove and oven both work better if you turn them on.

Why?? My toddler is the best floor cleaner!

It doesn’t taste good from his tray, but from the floor it’s delicious!

silverlining3

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:29 pm
Thanks for this thread. I like it

My brain is shut down for the day already. I might come back tmrw with some tops. I'll be lucky if one pops up sooner

amother
Khaki

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:32 pm
preciousmommy wrote:
Why?? My toddler is the best floor cleaner!

It doesn’t taste good from his tray, but from the floor it’s delicious!

It works for some things, but not potato peels and egg shells. Or schnitzel breading that lands in her hair.

(My kid dumps her food on the floor, screams to come out of the high chair, and then plops on the floor next to the chair to eat what she dropped)

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:44 pm
Do NOT strain your chicken soup down the drain! You wanna keep the soup, and strain the shmutz!

chaya7

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 6:57 pm
Surplus wrote:
I love light threads!

Here’s another tip:
If a piece of eggshell lands in the bowl why don’t you play a game of tag with it? Just keep running after it with your fingers and you’ll just be amazed how the shell will always win the race. You’ll never catch it. I suggest you dump the ingredients and start over!

Scoop it out with another eggshell!

monkeymamma

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:08 pm
Surplus wrote:
I love light threads!

Here’s another tip:

You can eat eggshells so no need to catch it if it falls into your bowl-- https://www.emedihealth.com/eg......html

happy chick

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:13 pm
genius wrote:
Never pick up a metal skewer with your bare hands when it’s right off the grill.
That said, it’s also a good idea to be sure the nozzle of the oil spray is pointed towards the target...

On the topic of grills, do not stick your face into the grill to check if it's on.
Unless you don't like eyebrows and eyelashes.

amother
Yellow

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:17 pm
Don't touch an electric burner to see if it's working.
Not that I've ever done that or anything Can't Believe It

amother
Smokey

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:29 pm
When you make hard boiled eggs, it's a good idea to set a timer or stay in the kitchen. (If you go in another room and get involved with Imamother, for example, and forget about the eggs, don't be surprised if you eventually hear something that sounds like gun shots. Also, cleaning egg off the ceiling is not fun).

PeanutMama

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:33 pm
amother [ Smokey ] wrote:
When you make hard boiled eggs, it's a good idea to set a timer or stay in the kitchen. (If you go in another room and get involved with Imamother, for example, and forget about the eggs, don't be surprised if you eventually hear something that sounds like gun shots. Also, cleaning egg off the ceiling is not fun).

Oh nooooooooo

amother
Purple

Post Sun, Jul 26 2020, 7:35 pm
If you have Pyrex or Vision-ware drying on your cooktop make sure that you turn on the correct burner, and not the one under it unless you like exploding glass which goes BOOM and causes glass shards to go flying throughout your entire kitchen.
Page 1 of 7   1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen