Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
To buy or not to buy new uniforms

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 7:43 am
I have 1 little girl in school. Last year she was between jumper sizes so I sized up and hemmed it. Shes little and her jumpers got washed after every wear. I dont think at that age that a kid can really wear them for more than a year being washed that often (she had 3) they become see thru and lose the pleats and the iron makes it shiny... BUT bec school stopped in March her uniforms still look really decent. To make the work for this coming year we would need to take down the hem and send it to the cleaners to press. Im just wondering if its worth the money... itll cost me $25 to fix and maybe $50 (im not sure) for a new one.. id love to save a buck and not have to deal with the craziness in the uniform store hence my indecision.
Now for her shirt- shes very thin with long arms so we took in her sleeve cuz it had a balloon sleeve look, the navy on the cuffs and collar are fading but maybe im the only one who would notice that? Im sensitive to kids looking clean and fresh in school everyday. I think back to my elementary days and the kids with the see thru skirts- everyone knew who they were and it was so sad!

silverlining3

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:00 am
I'd say try one set.
Give 1 jumper to fix and see how it looks. The part that was hemmed might still be original shade while the rest abit faded. Gotta look decent. If you say that the navy on the shirt faded, when you open the seam, it might be 2 diff shades.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:13 am
What brand uniform do you buy? My girls wear the betty zee and they last for years without getting worn out. I send it to the cleaners a couple of times a year to get the pleats pressed. I get new uniform every 2 years and pass the outgrown one's on.

Elfrida

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:16 am
I'd wait for confirmation that there will be physical school next year. Unless her school requires uniform for zoom classes.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:29 am
amother [ Indigo ] wrote:
What brand uniform do you buy? My girls wear the betty zee and they last for years without getting worn out. I send it to the cleaners a couple of times a year to get the pleats pressed. I get new uniform every 2 years and pass the outgrown one's on.

Yep betty zee. Not wearing well Sad

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:30 am
silverlining3 wrote:
I'd say try one set.
Give 1 jumper to fix and see how it looks. The part that was hemmed might still be original shade while the rest abit faded. Gotta look decent. If you say that the navy on the shirt faded, when you open the seam, it might be 2 diff shades.

I took it up from the waist
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics