Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Schindler’s List

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:14 pm
Does anyone know where I can get the edited version of Schindler’s List?

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:49 pm
What's the edited version?
*We own the DVD if you'd like to borrow it.

newcomer

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:57 pm
It's also on Netflix through the end of July.

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:13 pm
Thanks! We actually own it too and have Netflix, but there has been an edited version in existence - I just don’t know if there’s a way to access it. I think it may have been on TV at some points, and a friend of mine may have had it many years ago.. not a friend I’d even know how to contact now. I want to watch it with my son.

newcomer

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:17 pm
If your concern is the s-xual scenes or nudity...you can watch The Pianist instead, maybe. Also on Netflix. Also based on a true story (and is very faithful to the book, which was written by the protagonist shortly after the war). But doesn't have any nudity or s-x.

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:20 pm
newcomer wrote:
If your concern is the s-xual scenes or nudity...you can watch The Pianist instead, maybe. Also on Netflix. Also based on a true story (and is very faithful to the book, which was written by the protagonist shortly after the war). But doesn't have any nudity or s-x.

Hmm I remember The Pianist being more boring, but I will keep it in mind. Thanks for the idea!

newcomer

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:25 pm
The scenes in the ghetto are heartwrenching.
And, ever since I first saw the movie years ago, whenever I sit down on the floor to eat the hardboiled egg before Tisha B'Av starts, I think of the scene in the movie where the family is sitting on their suitcases at the train railways, waiting for the cattle cars, and they pool all their money together to buy one candy that they split 6 ways for their final meal together. Crying
Not boring at all. Maybe a bit slow moving while he is hiding out and waiting for the war to end. But I found it pretty gripping all the same.

giselle

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:35 pm
newcomer wrote:
The scenes in the ghetto are heartwrenching.
And, ever since I first saw the movie years ago, whenever I sit down on the floor to eat the hardboiled egg before Tisha B'Av starts, I think of the scene in the movie where the family is sitting on their suitcases at the train railways, waiting for the cattle cars, and they pool all their money together to buy one candy that they split 6 ways for their final meal together. Crying
Not boring at all. Maybe a bit slow moving while he is hiding out and waiting for the war to end. But I found it pretty gripping all the same.

Boring is the wrong word.. bad choice of words to describe a holocaust movie! Slow moving is a better way of saying it..

newcomer

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 9:48 pm
Sorry I didn't mean to put words in your mouth. Believe me, I wasn't thinking anything into your post. Just giving you ideas for another option. You can try it and see.

dancingqueen

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:07 pm
There were only 1-2 scenes with nudity, could you just fast forward?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics