Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days
Tisha b’av & occupying kids (updated title)
Previous  1  2

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:37 pm
sky wrote:
Genendal krohn has a Tisha b’av book for kids.
I try to read that with my kids on the floor in the morning - at least for myself I should remind myself about the day because that is all I get.

I get a few crafts - wood kits, color on mugs.
A neighbor shows the kids chofetz Chaim video in the afternoon.
I just bought the Genendel Krohn book. And my oldest saw it and wanted to read it. When I told her no she said, "But now I'm going to be excited for Tisha B'av!"
Yeah nice try kiddo ...

I got some crafts too. I would've gotten more but I ordered from Judaica Plaza and they ran out and didn't give me the option to sub something else.
Maybe I'll send dh to the dollar store for some more things.

Does your neighbor take her kids to the chofetz Chaim showing? Or do they have an in-home option?

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:40 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just bought the Genendel Krohn book. And my oldest saw it and wanted to read it. When I told her no she said, "But now I'm going to be excited for Tisha B'av!"
Yeah nice try kiddo ...

I got some crafts too. I would've gotten more but I ordered from Judaica Plaza and they ran out and didn't give me the option to sub something else.
Maybe I'll send dh to the dollar store for some more things.

Does your neighbor take her kids to the chofetz Chaim showing? Or do they have an in-home option?

It’s in a home. They charge like $5 or a maximum per family. I think it’s done in many neighborhoods - there is an official poster they give out. I like it bec the kids get out for an hour and it breaks up the day a bit - boys and girls are separate which really lengthens it. My neighbor lets all ages who behave - but the poster gives a min age.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:40 pm
southernbubby wrote:
It looks like public libraries allow people to order and pick up books but you may have to do it today.
They do but I like buying books in case someone treats the book inappropriately. My credit card bill is not so happy with me, I need to slow down

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:42 pm
Small diamond art stickers is an easy craft. If you can get amazon next day.
Like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ff0af

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:43 pm
sky wrote:
It’s in a home. They charge like $5 or a maximum per family. I think it’s done in many neighborhoods - there is an official poster they give out. I like it bec the kids get out for an hour and it breaks up the day a bit - boys and girls are separate which really lengthens it. My neighbor lets all ages who behave - but the poster gives a min age.
I don't remember my neighbors doing it last year but maybe there's something nearby. I'll have to keep an eye out.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:45 pm
sky wrote:
Small diamond art stickers is an easy craft. If you can get amazon next day.
Like this.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....ff0af

what age?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:49 pm
Ordered it. I had less than 30 min to get it before Tisha b'av lol
Thanks!!

sky

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 10:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what age?

Sorry I didn’t respond. Hope they like it. My 4 yr old struggled but was able to do it. My kids did them all ages through oldest dd 10.
FYI - only 2 kids can do that kit at a time. It depends on number of sticks it comes with.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Other special days