Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Tell your 4 yo that ur pregnant?
Previous  1  2

amother
Bronze

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 7:38 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks everyone! My daughter is with me much of the day. I work half day while she is in school, and we go home together afterwards. So yes, she would be around me a lot. With regards to not telling kids about something they will find hard to wait for- we had a few close family weddings recently where there was a waiting period between engagement/wedding, and she was pretty good about that (although I realize this is a lot longer! But one wait period was 4 months). She is a bit more of a curious/anxious (slightly) child (we are working with a therapist), so yeah I guess if I'd see she was getting too worried I would decide if that was the right time to tell her. Thanks all!!

If she's an anxious child, I think telling here about a pregnancy will just make her more anxious because they don't have the concept of time at that age. She'll keep asking you every day if the baby is coming today.

amother
Mint

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 7:06 pm
My son was almost 4 when I got pregnant. I was sick in the beginning. He was only in school for a half day so he was home with me a ton. I just told him I wasn't feeling well. We told him when I was around 12-14 weeks that I was pregnant. Worked out fine for us. I say just start off with telling her you aren't feeling well if she sees you throwing up or needing to rest a ton. If you notice that answer isn't working for you guys then take it from there and figure out if maybe you want to tell her you're pregnant.
Maybe ask the therapist for their suggestion.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jul 27 2020, 8:41 pm
Your pregnancy should go well and you should have a healthy baby!!

I hate to be the one to put this out there ... but I just miscarried in my 9th week and I keep thanking Hashem that all the times I was tempted to tell my 3 year old that there was a baby in my tummy, I kept my mouth shut. I can’t imagine having to explain to her that the baby isn’t there anymore.

May everything go smoothly and easily for you!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers