Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Matte black bathroom tiles- yay or nay?

mizle10

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:31 am
I’m considering doing matte black hexagon tiles in my bathroom with white grout. Anyone have black tile in their bathroom? Is it a pain to keep clean? Does every piece of dirt show up?

SuperWify

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:36 am
I’d imagine it would hide dirt very well. I love the look of a dark moody powder room. What color wall paper/tiles/paint?

nelliesmellie

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:42 am
Dark Matte tiles (black, grey) will show water stains. I suggest you try it in the store with some water before putting them in your bathroom.

glamourmom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:45 am
personally, I think it would hide dirt too well. I want to see where it's more dirty.
also, white grout is not very practical.
I can see it be very pretty though.

s c

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:48 am
I redid a bathroom a couple years ago with dark grey floor tiles and lighter shade grey grouting. Looks great and really doesn't show dirt like my bathrooms with lighter floor tiles

lavender_dew

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 10:52 am
We just did our kids’ bathroom floor with hexagonal black tiles and gray grout. It looks great, in my opinion! And you CAN see if it’s dirty, like spills, boy peepee 😬, or if one of your kids goes crazy with the air freshener, the floor will show those spots in certain lights/angles. But overall I love the look the dark floor gives. The walls are light gray and the shower tile is white.

mizle10

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 12:18 pm
I think I’m gonna go for it... I saw a bathroom on Houzz I fell in love with for my summer home. Black hexagon tiles, white subway tiles going all the way up on the walls and a light wood vanity. Very farmhouse/rustic

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 1:18 pm
I will be a voice of dissent as black or any dark floor shows every bit of dust or dirt. They are very high upkeep because if you use powder it will show up.

tweety1

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 1:33 pm
Amarante wrote:
I will be a voice of dissent as black or any dark floor shows every bit of dust or dirt. They are very high upkeep because if you use powder it will show up.

Not necessarily. I have 2 bathrooms with dark grayish taupish matte textured floor. It's the 2 most practical floors in my house. Matte is very practical as floor. That was my experience.

Amarante

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 1:40 pm
tweety1 wrote:
Not necessarily. I have 2 bathrooms with dark grayish taupish matte textured floor. It's the 2 most practical floors in my house. Matte is very practical as floor. That was my experience.

Matte isn't the issue.

And gray taupe is quite a bit different than black - at least in my experience. Gray is more forgiving because shmootz can be grayish Very Happy Black will show every bit of dust because of the stark contrast.

I had black and white kitchen tile floors for awhile and the black was way less forgiving than the white portion.

gande

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 3:31 pm
I have black tiles and I dont like it at all. Shows every dust,water stain and footprints.

rachel6543

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 3:35 pm
I used to have black and white tiles in my kitchen. It showed EVERY speck of dirt and constantly looked dirty. It literally stayed clean for like 2 seconds. Based on that experience, I wouldn’t put black/white title on a bathroom floor. I replaced my flooring (In the bathroom & kitchen) with a Light gray stone pattern. The color looks nice and hides dirt. I don’t have to mop it multiple times a day anymore to look clean.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars