Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Curious-What do you do? Showering 9 days
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Black

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 6:47 pm
malki2 wrote:
This. There’s no natural reason whatsoever why men should smell worse than women. It’s a stereotype based on men being the ones to do physical work and sweat.

Or maybe because they’re often larger? My husband is a much bigger person than I am. I imagine he sweats more.

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:01 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
Or maybe because they’re often larger? My husband is a much bigger person than I am. I imagine he sweats more.

They’re larger, hairier, sweat more. Also their private area can get stinky even without an extra hole.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:06 pm
I smell faster than my husband. I sweat like a pig. My feet stink. My private part stinks and feels slick. May hair stinks. My face itches. Wipes or washcloths really don't help.
I need to shower at least every other day. Dh can go three days and not smell.
In the 9 days I only shower when I'm really stinky (so ends up being every other or every third day) and I try to use lukewarm water and not keep my whole body in the water at once.
I pre wear my clothing.

amother
Sienna

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:11 pm
This is what "body lotions" are made for.
Use it in abundance anytime during the day.
And deodorant...

Some woman are using gross language here, lets use only refined wording.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:13 pm
I don’t want to break the bad news to you ladies. GYNs would tell you no to the washcloth. No soap. No douche. No wipes on the inside or outer areas.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:18 pm
amother [ Ecru ] wrote:
I don’t want to break the bad news to you ladies. GYNs would tell you no to the washcloth. No soap. No douche. No wipes on the inside or outer areas.

No, not all. Sorry don't agree.
No douche, yes. But mild soap and washcloth is fine.

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:29 pm
Lotion and deoderant do not help me at all. There is still a grimy, itchy feeling, and the pleasant smell fades quickly.

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 8:31 pm
amother [ Khaki ] wrote:
No, not all. Sorry don't agree.
No douche, yes. But mild soap and washcloth is fine.

I’m not your gynecologist but I recommend you check with yours. Water and air is all it needs.

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:41 pm
I only ever take baths, never showers. I need baths in order to limber myself up for going outdoors for errands. A rav informed me that hot baths are allowed if needed for therapy. Well, that describes me.

doodlesmom

Post Tue, Jul 28 2020, 9:56 pm
I “ shower” using the bathtub spout only and a washing cup to poor over my head. In that way I’m not comfortable, and don’t forget myself.

sheifelah

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:10 am
in this weather in NY I feel a cold shower would be heaven! lol it's been so hot!

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:21 am
malki2 wrote:
I’ll throw a bone to those of you who want the men to shower. According to Halacha, men are supposed to go to the Mikva after s@x, before they learn or daven. And if they don’t go to the Mikva, they should take a shower. Even during the nine days. So if you can stand the smell long enough to be with him, you can send him to the shower.

Source? Where did you come up with this one from?

malki2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:32 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Source? Where did you come up with this one from?

It's Halacha. It's called תשע קבין

What do you want to know exactly?
The source of this, or that it should be done even in the 9 days?

amother
Yellow

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:01 am
malki2 wrote:
It's Halacha. It's called תשע קבין

What do you want to know exactly?
The source of this, or that it should be done even in the 9 days?

The source that a shower can suffice instead of mikvah.

The halachos of תשע קבין is more complicated than a simple shower, though. (Especially if he is going to make it quick due to the 9 days.)

And not very many men are makpid of tevilas ezra these days. So it would be interesting for someone to start being makpid in the 9 days.

malki2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 9:39 am
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
The source that a shower can suffice instead of mikvah.

The halachos of תשע קבין is more complicated than a simple shower, though. (Especially if he is going to make it quick due to the 9 days.)

And not very many men are makpid of tevilas ezra these days. So it would be interesting for someone to start being makpid in the 9 days.

I’m not saying that men need to be makpid to go to the Mikva. I’m saying that it’s good practice to at least partially fulfill the requirement on a general basis by taking a shower because that’s something that everyone can do, and is usually done anyway.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics