Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
12 month shot side effects
1  2  3  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:21 pm
My son had 4 shots at his 12 month visit (I had wanted to split them up but dr was very opposed, said limiting visits because of Corona). He got them 9 days ago. Since then, he hasn’t been eating any food, limited drinking, randomly vomitting, and on and off fever . Dr told me this is normal and not to bring him on. My intuition is screaming at me to bring him somewhere else for a second opinion although with 9 av tomorrow it’s not so practical and I don’t know any drs who are seeing patients with fevers ). Not sure what to do. Any advice?

behappy2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:30 pm
Which shots?
You could always bring him into the emergency room if you are worried. Monitor it. I don't have better advice. Refuah Sheleimah.

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:31 pm
I’m sorry to hear this. I don’t know what to advise you re: going to a dr tomorrow.

If you PM me I can give you a link to a detox protocol that I have used after vaccinating.

amother
Coral

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:36 pm
daagahminayin wrote:
I’m sorry to hear this. I don’t know what to advise you re: going to a dr tomorrow.

If you PM me I can give you a link to a detox protocol that I have used after vaccinating.

Not op.

Would you post it here? Would be very helpful for me

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:38 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
My son had 4 shots at his 12 month visit (I had wanted to split them up but dr was very opposed, said limiting visits because of Corona). He got them 9 days ago. Since then, he hasn’t been eating any food, limited drinking, randomly vomitting, and on and off fever . Dr told me this is normal and not to bring him on. My intuition is screaming at me to bring him somewhere else for a second opinion although with 9 av tomorrow it’s not so practical and I don’t know any drs who are seeing patients with fevers ). Not sure what to do. Any advice?

I'm really sorry for what you're going through, and I hope your son feels better quickly.

It's not ok what the doctor did. You might want to change doctors. A doctor who doesn't listen to patients (or in this case, patient's parents) is not one I would want or trust to care for my kids.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:42 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Which shots?
You could always bring him into the emergency room if you are worried. Monitor it. I don't have better advice. Refuah Sheleimah.

Mmr
Varicella
Pcv13
Hep a

I am worried but I don’t know if I am over reacting. He was a premie and has lung issues- the Er is the last place I am comfortable bringing him unless its an emergency.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:44 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
I'm really sorry for what you're going through, and I hope your son feels better quickly.

It's not ok what the doctor did. You might want to change doctors. A doctor who doesn't listen to patients (or in this case, patient's parents) is not one I would want or trust to care for my kids.

Not too many choices of pediatricians. The more popular practice in town doesn’t take new patients. He is also followed by a neonatologist. Maybe I will check in with them for my second opinion even though they didn’t give the shots.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:44 pm
daagahminayin wrote:

Can you post it here?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Not too many choices of pediatricians. The more popular practice in town doesn’t take new patients. He is also followed by a neonatologist. Maybe I will check in with them for my second opinion even though they didn’t give the shots.

You don't need a popular practice, just one who won't disregard your input in your child's care. Trust your gut, if something doesn't seem right, follow up. Don't let them tell you "it's normal" and ignore you (again). I think checking in with his neonatologist sounds like a good plan.

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:52 pm
I'm not a professional, but the fact that these reactions have gone on for 9 days, is not normal. Some vaccines have immediate fever a day or two later, and some like the MMR and varicella, it only comes a week later. The fact that this has been going on for so long, and together with the vomiting / not eating is not normal. (Is it possible he caught a virus in the dr's office while he was there?)
I would trust my intuition and try to get this checked out.
I would also suggest if you can find another doctor. I took my baby a couple of weeks ago for a 12 month visit too, and my doctor splits the shots into 2 per visit. So the next ones will wait until her 15 month visit.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 6:54 pm
Report to vaers, if you call they might also have advice. I doubt it though.

https://vaers.hhs.gov/reportevent.html

daagahminayin

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can you post it here?

Ok then. It’s part of a broader protocol for people with Down syndrome but the glymphatic detox is good for anyone post vaccinations.

https://trisomy21research.org/.....stem/
Suggested Supplements to aid the glymphatic system - take 30 mins before bed.
1) Setria Glutathione – 4 – 6 mg per kg – the label must say Setria
2) Melatonin – 1 mg infants, 3 toddlers, 5 children, 10 adults (Children on the NightTime Formula may not need Melatonin)
3) Lycopene – 3 mg infants , 5 toddlers, 10 children, 15 adults
4) Vitamin C – 15 mg per kg NOTE: C and fruit Flavinoids can be combined. There are several options of Vitamin C with fruit Flavinoids available from Amazon.
5) fruit flavinoids such as blueberry or raspberry – 25 – 30 mg per kg if you cannot locale these, substute the Vitamin C above with Buffered Vitamin C which does contain rose hips or a similar plant flavonoid.
6) Children’s or Adult Essential Fatty Acids See label for dosing information. NOTE get into the habit of always giving essential fatty acids at bedtime.
7) Alpha Lipoic Acid 5-8 mg pr kg.
8) Silica water or silica drops to remove aluminum. Fiji water is an excellent option. For infants, 1/4 bottle, for toddlers and children 1/2 bottle, for adults 1 bottle. For adults, half a bottle can be consumed during the day and the other half with the rest of the detox protocol. For drop, follow the instructions on the label.
These are conservative amounts but all have been shown to help the brain detox.

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 7:08 pm
+1 (516) 510-8774 Tanya Dilmani
A homeopath that deals with this kind of situation.

Refuah Shleima!!

behappy2

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You're not overreacting. You are his mother. Trust your gut.

amother
Seagreen

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:46 pm
Hi OP. Your baby will get better. My baby was also cranky and had fever for quite a few days. Shes perfectly fine now. Just know that you did the right thing for your baby.

cnc

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:57 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:

This.
I give my children all their vaccinations besides for the flu vaccine. I would not be comfortable with the child’s behavior and with the doctor’s response.

I would get a second opinion or bring him to the ER.

srbmom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:01 pm
Could it be he's teething? My DD got her shots two weeks ago. The next two days she had low grade fever and then came the not eating well, not sleeping well, loose diapers... going on for two weeks now. I checked her mouth a few days ago and she has 4 teeth coming in at once!!!!
That it happened right after her shots completely threw me off

Genius

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:06 pm
My kids always pick up viruses when I go for well visits. I detected a pattern where I return to the doctors office a week after a physical. Every. Time.
May have nothing to do with the vaccines. You should go check it out.
And you should definitely find a doctor who listens to you.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:35 pm
Are you in lakewood? Theres a new practice opening up with well known amazing doctors. You might want to apply there.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:54 am
Here in the Uk we have 4 injections at that age as well;

Hib/MenC (1st dose)
MMR (1st dose)
Pneumococcal (PCV) vaccine (2nd dose)
MenB (3rd dose)

And my baby was also unwell for more than 2 weeks- just not himself. Crying a lot, not eating very much. Like yourself I was also very concerned, but bH he suddenly got back to normal and his happy self.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics