Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Full day wedding prep

solo

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:18 am
I’ve never done this before. The brides family invited me to get my makeup done in the hall while my girls have their hair done. At 2pm. It’s a 2 hr drive to get to the hall. So we’ll be out of the house all day. What do ppl do for food?! Even if I was inclined to not eat to fit in my gown my kids will need to eat. I feel like this is gonna be the longest day and my kids will be melting down before the chuppah

Stars

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 1:27 am
Take along turkey sandwiches and other finger foods your kids like. Plenty water to drink. Baby wipes too. If you feel like it, give them a little melatonin before you leave so they nap in the car.

Woman of Valor

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:42 am
Pack a picnic type lunch in a cooler and some books and toys! Mazal tov

amother
Lilac

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:37 am
In my family we’ve always done hair and makeup in whoever’s house is closest to the hall, and then drive to the hall and just get dressed there.

In the house there’s always food (takeout wraps, sandwiches etc) and kids have things to do and play with other than running wild in a hall.

Do you have that option?

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:46 am
Bring bagels and spreads, water bottles, cooked pasta, cookies, paper goods. You can bring instant oatmeal packets and instant noodles, and ask the hall for hot water. Stop by a drive thru Starbucks on the way for coffee.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics