Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Ahavas Yisroel suggestions.

ExtraCredit

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 4:54 pm
In the spirit of tisha Baav May I suggest a thread where we post ideas for how to spread Ahavas Yisroel. We do want to see Moshiach very badly, don’t we? I’ll start. Until after tisha baav:

* I’ll try not to correct spelling or grammar mistakes of fellow ima moms

* I’ll only contradict someone if I’m not anonymous (I do that most of the time anyway. Can’t stand anonymous arguments).

* I’ll try not to speak, read, text, or listen to Loshen Hora

I’ll hopefully get more suggestions from you all and will try to implement those as well!
Easy and meaningful fast to all! May this fast still turn into a real happy Yom Tov!

amother
Burlywood

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 4:55 pm
AMEIN!

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 10:24 pm
I will try to be extra nice and patient to my kids. Charity begins at home.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:23 am
How about the bashing here stop??? After all סיג לחכמה שתיקה!!! So if someone doesn’t have something nice to say, instead of bashing or criticizing just keep quiet?? I think that would be a major step in ahavas yisroel!!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:27 am
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
How about the bashing here stop??? After all סיג לחכמה שתיקה!!! So if someone doesn’t have something nice to say, instead of bashing or criticizing just keep quiet?? I think that would be a major step in ahavas yisroel!!

I agree. It’s mamish out of hand. I’ll work on that too! Thanks for the suggestion!

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:29 am
amother [ Salmon ] wrote:
I will try to be extra nice and patient to my kids. Charity begins at home.

Yea let’s!

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:30 am
Surplus wrote:
In the spirit of tisha Baav May I suggest a thread where we post ideas for how to spread Ahavas Yisroel. We do want to see Moshiach very badly, don’t we? I’ll start. Until after tisha baav:

* I’ll try not to correct spelling or grammar mistakes of fellow ima moms

* I’ll only contradict someone if I’m not anonymous (I do that most of the time anyway. Can’t stand anonymous arguments).

* I’ll try not to speak, read, text, or listen to Loshen Hora

I’ll hopefully get more suggestions from you all and will try to implement those as well!
Easy and meaningful fast to all! May this fast still turn into a real happy Yom Tov!

Why only until after Tisha b'Av? Ahavas Yisroel is good all year.

I will stop judging those who haven't reacted to Corona virus as I have, when I have previously judged so many people as being too overboard or too lax.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:33 am
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
Why only until after Tisha b'Av? Ahavas Yisroel is good all year.

I will stop judging those who haven't reacted to Corona virus as I have, when I have previously judged so many people as being too overboard or too lax.

Of course it’s for all year. But we were always told to improve with baby steps. Will commit to only a day but hopefully it will last way longer.
I love your suggestion!

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:36 am
Search for the divine spark in everyone you meet. Some sparks shine from the surface, but some are buried very deeply under piles of pain, ugliness, and even hate. It's a faintly sputtering ember, but it needs someone to see it and encourage it to glow.

Once you find that spark, you can make a soul connection with ANYBODY, and you will realize how interconnected we all are. This is the essence of tikkun olam.

Remember that no one has ever changed their mind for the better, just because you've hit them over the head with a hammer. Even with the best of intentions, you will fail.

Set a quiet good example, and people will automatically be drawn to you. They will see the peace and joy in your life, and will want to follow your example. Teach by doing, not by lecturing.

Learn emunah and bitachon every single day. Reading a book or two is not enough. You need to practice the gratitude and faith muscles until they become automatic. That way, when you face the next challenge, you will have more strength to get through it, and then learn some more. In learning, our work is never finished until the day we die.

If someone gave you a diamond mine, would you just peck half heartedly at the dirt, because in your entire life you'll never get every single diamond? No, ever diamond is precious, just like mitzvot, and our relationship with Hashem. More precious than all the gems in the world.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:38 am
FranticFrummie wrote:
Search for the divine spark in everyone you meet. Some sparks shine from the surface, but some are buried very deeply under piles of pain, ugliness, and even hate. It's a faintly sputtering ember, but it needs someone to see it and encourage it to glow.

Once you find that spark, you can make a soul connection with ANYBODY, and you will realize how interconnected we all are. This is the essence of tikkun olam.

Remember that no one has ever changed their mind for the better, just because you've hit them over the head with a hammer. Even with the best of intentions, you will fail.

Set a quiet good example, and people will automatically be drawn to you. They will see the peace and joy in your life, and will want to follow your example. Teach by doing, not by lecturing.

Learn emunah and bitachon every single day. Reading a book or two is not enough. You need to practice the gratitude and faith muscles until they become automatic. That way, when you face the next challenge, you will have more strength to get through it, and then learn some more. In learning, our work is never finished until the day we die.

If someone gave you a diamond mine, would you just peck half heartedly at the dirt, because in your entire life you'll never get every single diamond? No, ever diamond is precious, just like mitzvot, and our relationship with Hashem. More precious than all the gems in the world.

Awesome!!!

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:47 am
[quote="Surplus"]I agree. It’s mamish out of hand. I’ll work on that too! Thanks for the suggestion![/quote
Please don’t take it personally! I meant it here as a general thing, not to any one person specifically.... as humans we can all make mistakes, and I sometimes delete my posts when I realize that I may have inadvertently hurt someone...

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:55 am
[quote="amother [ Tangerine ]"]
Surplus wrote:
I agree. It’s mamish out of hand. I’ll work on that too! Thanks for the suggestion![/quote
Please don’t take it personally! I meant it here as a general thing, not to any one person specifically.... as humans we can all make mistakes, and I sometimes delete my posts when I realize that I may have inadvertently hurt someone...

Oh I understood it was a general suggestion! No worries! Smile

SuperWify

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:51 am
If it’s about here-

I recently started thinking about the op as a real person for an extra second before hitting send. This way my posts come out more understanding and less judgmental.

ExtraCredit

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:11 am
SuperWify wrote:
If it’s about here-

I recently started thinking about the op as a real person for an extra second before hitting send. This way my posts come out more understanding and less judgmental.

Nice. If I may add-
All posters are real people, not only OP.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics