Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Camp Bnos Should’ve Opened As Sleepaway
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:38 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
My nephew was sent home from his overnight with fever etc. He ended up testing negative for covid. Me and my family had terrible cold and body aches and fever at the end of June. Lost taste and smell as well. Tested negative for corona and positive for rhinovirus aka plain cold. Btw, we quarantined until results came back.
NOT every fever and loss of smell is corona. And the virus that we had was going around the community. The kids probably brought it to camp. Again, it wasn't corona but a bad cold.

Not all tests are accurate

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 12:39 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
No, because if there was no coming and going, exposure had to have happened in the beginning. A month later when they return, there is no fear of still being contagious. This is actually as safe as you can get... Having people possibly getting it away from the vulnerable and only returning past the time of being contagious.

U really believe there was no coming and going

chestnut

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:34 pm
sky wrote:
I must be doing something wrong. My teenage son doesn’t follow directives so well.

Most likely, you aren't doing much wrong. Most teens won't agree to learn with 3 chavrusahs daily in the summer and most girls won't agree to learn a language in the summer. Having such goody two shoes siblings is no reflection on others mothers. Not to mention, having the money to pay the chavrusah or buy an expensive (I assume) gift.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 1:46 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

My son was in PA, but I KNOW there was no one coming and going. They were on a farm- had their own cows, chickens, etc, had their own vegetables....brought with them whatever they would need....

avrahamama

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 2:46 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
My son was in PA, but I KNOW there was no one coming and going. They were on a farm- had their own cows, chickens, etc, had their own vegetables....brought with them whatever they would need....

That sounds dreamy.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:39 pm

I don't believe, I know, that there was no coming or going at my child's camp out of state. Parents weren't even allowed near the gate to drop off. All children had to bring current negative covid test results and temperature monitored before boarding the buses to the trip to camp. Tons of extra staff on hand the entire summer, all locked down, since every form of entertainment came front within the camp.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:44 pm
How,would u know everyone is sleep away camps is fine? U don’t.

And... first one down is kolos. So far at least two of their returning campers/staff have tested positive for coronavirus. I believe they’re recommending anyone who went to kolos trip one to be tested now.

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:48 pm
avrahamama wrote:
That sounds dreamy.

I dream of going there myself!! They were on a farm, like a legit farm. AMAZING!!!

Ema of 5

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 3:48 pm
Ema of 4 wrote:
I dream of going there myself!! They were on a farm, like a legit farm. AMAZING!!!

And I’m jealous of the boys who were able to go the whole summer

whewpy

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 5:17 pm
Never heard of camp called kolos. Is it in the catskills? Which area? Girls or boys?

amother
Silver

Post Wed, Jul 29 2020, 8:28 pm
amother [ Teal ] wrote:
And... first one down is kolos. So far at least two of their returning campers/staff have tested positive for coronavirus. I believe they’re recommending anyone who went to kolos trip one to be tested now.

I know of multiple campers from this camp who tested positive since returning home after first session.

amother
Lemon

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:40 am
I was all for overnight camps beginning of summer made much more sense to me then day camps as far as exposure goes. Both my DS’s went to different overnight camps. They were both tested before camp and had rapid tests when they arrived at camp. One DS no one is sick in camp BH. The other DS has been telling me for weeks that a lot of kids have colds. Just heard two people tested positive. Both camps said no one could come and go. I am not sure if they held to this or not but I would hope so. Camp with socks kids is a much larger camp. My DD is in a day camp and BH that has been fine though one staff member tested positive but no one else. I do believe sending kids to any camp has increased risk. I was willing to take it since kids do not generally get sick and BH my husband and myself are young and healthy. I’m just surprised it made its way into my one sons overnight camp even with the precautions they took. Obviously this is just one example.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:06 am
I just heard my nephew’s camp is having visiting day this Sunday!!!

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:36 am
whewpy wrote:
Never heard of camp called kolos. Is it in the catskills? Which area? Girls or boys?

It’s a girls camp

amother
Honeydew

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:06 am
amother [ Silver ] wrote:
I know of multiple campers from this camp who tested positive since returning home after first session.

We need to stop focusing on numbers of positive tests and general fairing of the girls returning home. More testing = more positives. Many girls need to test before going away for second trip. I sincerely hope that those who tested positive are now quarantining so that we don’t have more camps that have exposure.

BUT

Are these girls sick or Asymptomatic? Has anyone been hospitalized etc...as far as what we’ve been told up until now kids are at a very low risk for being sick.

amother
Teal

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:10 am
amother [ Honeydew ] wrote:
We need to stop focusing on numbers of positive tests and general fairing of the girls returning home. More testing = more positives. Many girls need to test before going away for second trip. I sincerely hope that those who tested positive are now quarantining so that we don’t have more camps that have exposure.

BUT

Are these girls sick or Asymptomatic? Has anyone been hospitalized etc...as far as what we’ve been told up until now kids are at a very low risk for being sick.

Multiple girls were sick with all the symptoms but they didn’t test them in camp (I think they didn’t want to know). I don’t believe anyone has been hospitalized-just “run of the mill” teen covid symptoms, nothing particularly concerning (for kids/teens)

ruchelbuckle

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:13 am
whewpy wrote:

It’s a girls camp, in the NW part of the Catskills—not near everything else. Just off the Thruway, about 40 miles south of Albany. near tannersville.
The camp went to Maine this summer
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics