Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Can't cry. Wish I can cry

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:10 pm
I feel nothing on Tisha b'av. Can't cry. No tears over the bais hamakdash. Crying 'm busy all day with my baby and kids fighting.... Busy preparing food and diapering my baby... Messy with everyone home and can't go out because of the heat...
Am I the only one? Am I heartless??
I want to cry and feel something but I don't Crying I can't even listen to an inspirational speech with the kids home. And baby crying

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:24 pm
Can anyone relate?
Any tips?

Gut

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:29 pm
Actualy being a mother, imagining the times of distruction, not being ablr to protect my children... mx heart is crying for this mothers.
But its normal that most of the day we judt try to survive with fasting and children.

amother
Brown

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 12:45 pm
It's hard to weep for something that happened 2000 years ago. Not only don't you remember the churban, your great-great-great grandparents don't remember it. I think people in their 20s and 30s don't even mourn the Holocaust that much because only a very few people that age have parents or grandparents who lived through it.

if you want to weep, you need to find media that will cause you to weep. There is no dearth of videos and text materials on the Holocaust, ditto on the churban. in a thread titled WOW there was a link to an animated video depicting the BHMK being sacked by the Romans. It did nothing for me, but other imas posted that they found it very moving.

What made me cry? A video by Shai Ribo about the isolation of Covid quarantine. It suits the Tisha B'Av theme of isolation: eichah yashvah badad...kol she'areha shomemin...But it's music, although sad music, so probably assur today.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note