Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Tish b'av- pregnant-When to break fast

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:17 pm
When to break fast?

I am 9 months and logically feel, weakness and discomfort, cramping is likely a given-- haven't eatten or drank in almost 20 hrs, I feel like "of course" I feel weak, lightheaded etc, and midwife had mentioned dehydration brings on cramping/false labor how do I know how can I tell if I am failing at my avoda and breaking fast unnecessarily, or being stubborn and foolish to continue risking harm to me or baby?

Any advice in reasoning this out?

I am also all alone because my tzadik of a husband took kids to another building so I can rest. Also feel guilty that even if I break fast with all he is doing to make it easier for me.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:23 pm
Call a rav now and ask.

amother
Maroon

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:25 pm
You can call your Rav or your midwife, but is there really a danger of having your baby now, if you're in your ninth month?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:31 pm
Midwife said baby seemed small and likely had a week or so to go (related to birthweight of other kids) rav said- which I forgotten the no shuir thing it's either fast or break fast.

Also there is the risk to yourself, if you are too weak to make it 6 feet to the bathroom without feeling faint how will you have the energy to push out a human if you go into labor?

amother
Aquamarine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:38 pm
It’s rather your Avoda is to take care of yourself and your baby. You’re not obligated to fast.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 2:57 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
It’s rather your Avoda is to take care of yourself and your baby. You’re not obligated to fast.

I guess my big question is how not to feel guilty?

amother
Seafoam

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Guilty about what? Taking the best care for your baby?

essie14

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:10 pm
There is nothing to feel guilty about. You are taking care of your baby and yourself. That is what Hashem wants of you today.

Outoftowner22

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 3:16 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

You're choosing your babies safety instead!

amother
Powderblue

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 4:27 pm
Bh this is my third 9 Av not fasting. All because of pregnancy or nursing (chasdei hashem). Each time I had to be convinced by my husband to eat, and it took come cajoling. Even thought I knew it was the right thing to do it was just so strange. Once I broke my fast, I won’t eat in front of him. It just feels to embarrassing.

I know how you feel but we gotta do what we gotta do.

Feel good momma!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note