Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
12 month shot side effects
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Olive

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:07 pm
amother [ Magenta ] wrote:
may I ask respectfully why you were so desperate to vaccinate such a vulnerable child?

Because for a child like that to catch one of those diseases could be fatal.

nchr

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:38 pm
When I read your op I thought it sounds more like a stomach bug combined with some normal fever from a vaccine, especially since he didn't react that way before.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:16 pm
for a child who is that vulnerable the risk of vaccine effects may be much more likely than contracting polio. this is misleading information. one can always vaccinate later but one can never undo a vaccine injury. to give a preemie child with a medical history 6 vaccinations in one day is simply super risky. of course no dr will tell you that. but its better not to learn the hard way (through experience!). trust your gut. I would switch practices asap. I simply cant understand staying in a practice where the dr bullied you into getting 6 shots at once (in all probability for their own billing purposes- they make more through insurance when they bundle vaccines)... so not ok. you said you didnt want the dr should respect your opinion

Sunny Days

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:09 am
amother [ Oak ] wrote:
for a child who is that vulnerable the risk of vaccine effects may be much more likely than contracting polio. this is misleading information. one can always vaccinate later but one can never undo a vaccine injury. to give a preemie child with a medical history 6 vaccinations in one day is simply super risky. of course no dr will tell you that. but its better not to learn the hard way (through experience!). trust your gut. I would switch practices asap. I simply cant understand staying in a practice where the dr bullied you into getting 6 shots at once (in all probability for their own billing purposes- they make more through insurance when they bundle vaccines)... so not ok. you said you didnt want the dr should respect your opinion

Hurtful, dangerous and false advice.

amother
Peach

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:17 am
My child had physical and still has language delays. We staggered the vaccines (every 6 months only one, no combo) With his Drs agreement. To go to preschool, we were told he needs to catch up. The school and Dr recommended to give him the 6 combo you did. I felt pressured because if he didn't catch up he wouldn't have a school the next year. My son got a severe reaction that lasted over a month. He had to take antibiotics and steroids, put on ice and creams around the spot of the shot. He was kvetchy and out of sorts all that time. The Dr has recorded in his file that he is unable to take a combo. He Also recorded he cannot get any of those shots for a year. After a year, one will be given individually. If there is any reaction, then he will get a medical exemption for the other five.

behappy2

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:01 pm
Thinking of you and your baby. How is he doing?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Aug 04 2020, 1:08 pm
behappy2 wrote:
Thinking of you and your baby. How is he doing?

He got worse on 9 av, we were in the hospital for a few days for them to keep him hydrated and make sure nothing else going on, didn’t figure out any cause other than the shots, went back home yesterday.

Sunny Days

Post Wed, Aug 05 2020, 11:02 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
He got worse on 9 av, we were in the hospital for a few days for them to keep him hydrated and make sure nothing else going on, didn’t figure out any cause other than the shots, went back home yesterday.

Oh gosh Sad
Hope he’s all better now ❤️
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics