Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
S/o anti vax cheder and shidduchim
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:35 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Achrayus? That's the health departments job when there is an outbreak and they do a pretty good job of it as well.

Kicking children out of school is rishus.
I'll bow out here because there's no way I can debate with name calling.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:38 pm
amother [ Emerald ] wrote:
When I say "you can't have your cake and eat it too," I mean you can't make your choices and expect everyone else to roll over and accommodate. Listen to their concerns and figure out how you can win them over. Calling people reshayim because they're concerned how your not vaxxing impacts others is just not the way.

There was no discussion there were emotional women terrified for their lives calling the parents of the entire student body to call the administration to protest children returning to school that weren't exposed and had waited until the outbreak had cleared . Rishus.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:39 pm
Rishus means it's wicked. I didn't call anyone a Rasha. Just the actions are wicked.

newcomer

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:41 pm
I meant quarantining from the measles, not covid. But that's true too.

Sure. But once they pass laws about vaxxing, it won't only be about covid. It will include the rest, too.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:41 pm
We didn't even ask the question when my kids were in shidduchim. In general, if someone was busy making a religion out of tofu and brown rice, they were not our type. It would not have occurred to me back then that some people were not vaccinated. One DIL was born at home but she herself goes to the hospital for childbirth.

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:47 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
There was no discussion there were emotional women terrified for their lives calling the parents of the entire student body to call the administration to protest children returning to school that weren't exposed and had waited until the outbreak had cleared . Rishus.
I wouldn't know. My kids had unvaxxed kids in their class throughout the outbreak and I was very nervous about it. Since those kids had very influential parents I wouldn't have dreamed to call the school but I definitely thought my kids were in danger. I felt a LOT better when I learned about the quarantines. Maybe the schools/ those who don't vaxx should start communicating better because that would help calm a lot of people.

amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Rishus means it's wicked. I didn't call anyone a Rasha. Just the actions are wicked.
Gotcha. It just seemed a little intense.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:59 pm
Gotcha. It just seemed a little intense.

Yep it's also very intense to kick out these children. It's horrible to watch the life go from these kids eyes, knowing they have no good option.

I would love to see rational discussion going on about what is necessary.

amother
Vermilion

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:03 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Yep it's also very intense to kick out these children. It's horrible to watch the life go from these kids eyes, knowing they have no good option.

They have no options because their rishus mom decides not to vaccinate them. It wasn’t their choice. They are the poor Karbonos in this I-am-smarter-than-you game.

amother
White

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:08 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

This is what I find disturbing.
It is heartbreaking to watch kids suffer, but it is not the other parents nor the school that did this to them.
This situation was unimaginable a few years ago.
I have worked in schools for many years and have never come across a similar scenario.
The closest comparison would be when the rare parent refused to give their struggling child an evaluation or therapy and instead chose to keep their child home in order to guilt the school into relenting. That was heartbreaking and this is heartbreaking.
Children should never be used as pawns.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:09 pm
amother [ Vermilion ] wrote:
They have no options because their rishus mom decides not to vaccinate them. It wasn’t their choice. They are the poor Karbonos in this I-am-smarter-than-you game.

Your comment doesn't seem to be coming from a very rational place. Some parents have really seen bad reactions and their other children suffering in terrible ways. Yes it's possible it wasn't a vaccine, also extremely possible that it was.

amother
Beige

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:13 pm
My parents are anti vax my in laws are very pro vax. I vaccinated my toddler but waiting on a lot of them for as long as possible. He is 1.5 and I didnt ot give the MMR and I dont plan on giving flu shots.

giselle

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:24 pm
tweety1 wrote:
It's going to have to stop being a problem cuz after this era we are in and hopefully passing many more ppl are becoming anti vax and/or the pro vaxers are becoming not so against it. I see it with myself and with so many others I speak to. If you followed my posts, boy I was I a heated pro vaxer. I didn't think that I'll ever change in this world. I promised I would make sure my mechitunim will be on the same page as I am. Well, Corona along with it's heavy politics came along, and I am questioning every single shot. I wanna know exactly what's going into my child, if it should be going into my child, etc etc. I'm not giving shots just cuz my Dr wants to make a living.

No idea what circles you’re in but I haven’t seen this with even one person I know.

southernbubby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:34 pm
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:

There were pregnant teachers whose measles titers were measuring low and they were afraid of catching the measles from non-vaccinated children. Until the measles outbreak, nobody thought much about it.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:36 pm
southernbubby wrote:
There were pregnant teachers whose measles titers were measuring low and they were afraid of catching the measles from non-vaccinated children. Until the measles outbreak, nobody thought much about it.

Well aware. And they underestimated the health department. And that's ironic.

ETA: it's still not an excuse for children not having a school in the beginning of the school year. When there's an outbreak r"l then they will be sent home as per the health departments instructions.

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:53 pm
I just want to say that I'm very involved in arranging some sort of education for these kids but it's no comparison. Theses families are suffering so much. They were suffering years before this and it's only adding salt to injury.

amother
Emerald

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:25 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
I just want to say that I'm very involved in arranging some sort of education for these kids but it's no comparison. Theses families are suffering so much. They were suffering years before this and it's only adding salt to injury.
There are schools that take unvaccinated kids. My school does and I’m sure it’s because there are board members that don’t vax. I’m certain of it.

What this means to me is that the antivax community needs to become more involved in the school scene. Become such an integral part that the schools wouldn’t dream of not taking their kids in.

Is it a lot of work, yes. But if you’re relying on others to take care of your kids schooling then you’ll need to play by their rules.

nchr

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:18 am
amother [ Ruby ] wrote:
Achrayus? That's the health departments job when there is an outbreak and they do a pretty good job of it as well.

Kicking children out of school is rishus.

I don't understand you. If the school has a rule that mothers cannot drive and a mother gets her license, is it the school that is behaving wrongfully or the mother? Obviously the children need to be expelled - they broke a rule. Sometimes they may not notice the driving mother or ignore it until someone complains, but it ia the parents behavior risking the children's expulsion and not the schools rule. You know the rules when you signed up.

We make choices everyday. Schools allow unvaxxed children with legitimate medical exemptions - these are the children that need those around them to be vaccinated most.

I had unvaccinated children at my house during the measles outbreak. I don't have any concerns being around them because I know vaccines work especially the measles vaccine, but I do not run a school and I do not make public policy.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:38 am
nchr wrote:
I don't understand you. If the school has a rule that mothers cannot drive and a mother gets her license, is it the school that is behaving wrongfully or the mother? Obviously the children need to be expelled - they broke a rule. Sometimes they may not notice the driving mother or ignore it until someone complains, but it ia the parents behavior risking the children's expulsion and not the schools rule. You know the rules when you signed up.

We make choices everyday. Schools allow unvaxxed children with legitimate medical exemptions - these are the children that need those around them to be vaccinated most.

I had unvaccinated children at my house during the measles outbreak. I don't have any concerns being around them because I know vaccines work especially the measles vaccine, but I do not run a school and I do not make public policy.

Thank you! This is why mandating vaccines is wrong. If the vaccines work, then what are you worried about?

As for immunocompromised children - one child's life is not worth more than another.
Can't force risk on one child to protect another. There are also many germs out there that have no vaccine so if the child is so fragile, should not be in school.

amother
Slateblue

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:45 am
#BestBubby wrote:
Thank you! This is why mandating vaccines is wrong. If the vaccines work, then what are you worried about?

As for immunocompromised children - one child's life is not worth more than another.
Can't force risk on one child to protect another. There are also many germs out there that have no vaccine so if the child is so fragile, should not be in school.

But what about the medically fragile child's siblings? Should they also stay home? I know children who were immunocompromised, like cancer and they were niftar from measles. Would you want that on your conscious? I vaccinate to protect the lives of such people.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:57 am
amother [ Slateblue ] wrote:
But what about the medically fragile child's siblings? Should they also stay home? I know children who were immunocompromised, like cancer and they were niftar from measles. Would you want that on your conscious? I vaccinate to protect the lives of such people.

And what if a child who was FORCED to vaccinate dies or is permanently injured?

Do you want those deaths/injuries on your conscience?

Don't ALL LIVES MATTER???
Page 3 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics