Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
Laundry tonight?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:20 pm
Only shabbos laundry tonight or any and all? Can’t imagine sifting through the mountains, just want to do it all.

ShishKabob

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:22 pm
I was not told that at all, I am allowed to do laundry tonight period.
You may want to do Shabbos stuff first so you will have what to wear in case you don't manage to do it all.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:23 pm
I want to start with the top of the mountain and hopefully reach the bottom before zman shabbos!

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:25 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I want to start with the top of the mountain and hopefully reach the bottom before zman shabbos!

That's my plan as well.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:26 pm
I was told that if I can wait until tomorrow I should, but if I need to I can start tonight- start with shabbat stuff first, clothes needed for tomorrow morning, etc.

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:28 pm
I was told after chatzos tomorrow Banging head

I am never going to have stuff for Shabbos ... I am going away

ETA. I clarified and stuff specifically for Shabbos can be washed tonight according to my rav

ra_mom

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:34 pm
All laundry (well as much as you can do after a fast anyway Smile ).

Last edited by ra_mom on Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Ivory

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:49 pm
I have two washers and dryers and both washers are loaded and just need to be turned on. I wasn’t sure how I’d feel now so I prepared just in case.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:54 pm
My kids need clean clothes and bathing suits and towels for camp tomorrow, so I have to wash tonight.

pizzapie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:55 pm
I was told I can wash all laundry tonight. If I'll be feeling up to it is another story entirely...

amother
Crimson

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 7:58 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
My kids need clean clothes and bathing suits and towels for camp tomorrow, so I have to wash tonight.

Bathing suits tomorrow?
Don’t think so.
Which camp has till after chatzos on Friday?

amother
Blue

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 8:04 pm
amother [ Crimson ] wrote:
Bathing suits tomorrow?
Don’t think so.
Which camp has till after chatzos on Friday?

Many camps have non-swim water activities during the 9 days, and will continue doing that tomorrow. We suggest parents send bathing suits all week.

cnc

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:17 pm
Was told I can do all laundry as regular tonight .

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:30 am
According to OU Halachah Yomit, you may do laundry motzaei 9 Av even if not just for shabbat things. Rationale IIRC: On a regular week, It's preferable to launder Thursday night so as to have Friday free for Shabbat prep. Therefore rabbanim allow laundry Motzaei 9 Av. As long as you're already doing laundry, no distinction is made between laundry to use on Shabbat and laundry to use after. However, if you can manage without doing laundry Thursday night or friday am, it's preferabve to wait till motzaei Shabbat. Look up Halacha yomit on the OU website. they give sources.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:35 am
amother [ Blue ] wrote:
Many camps have non-swim water activities during the 9 days, and will continue doing that tomorrow. We suggest parents send bathing suits all week.

Yes, exactly.

Jokes on me though. I had the kid's laundry all done when it started raining last night and it hasn't stopped, so no bathing suits necessary today. We'll wait for chatzos to start on adult laundry.

Ema of 5

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:48 am
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
Yes, exactly.

Jokes on me though. I had the kid's laundry all done when it started raining last night and it hasn't stopped, so no bathing suits necessary today. We'll wait for chatzos to start on adult laundry.

Same here, minus waiting for laundry. Kids stuff was all done this morning before they went to camp, but no one took water stuff. Just watch- it’s going to stop raining, and my kids are going to be the only ones without swimming stuff, so they will go in their clothes 😂
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note