Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note
I can't stop eating!!

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:23 pm
The fast was over more than 2 hours ago and I just can't stop eating!! I'm fully nursing a 6 week old baby, I'm drinking a lot of water with sea salt and some grape juice to rehydrate. But I keep eating and eating and eating. I just can't seem to stop!! What's wrong with me??? I don't think this is gonna be good for me.

amother
Taupe

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:26 pm
Eating a little bit at a time, slowly, is good after a fast. It's normal to feel very hungry because the body doesn't trust that you won't be fasting again.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:27 pm
Eat things that are high in fat, like nuts, avocado, or peanut butter. Stay away from simple carbs and sugar.

Fats send a signal to your brain that you are full, carbs send a signal to your brain that says "MORE, MORE, MORE!"

Your body will reset itself eventually. If you are nursing you are going to be extra hungry, and that's OK. Your baby needs those extra healthy fats, too. They are crucial for brain development.

Worry about your weight later. Now is not the time.

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:29 pm
That is super normal, especially with nursing such a young baby. If you're worried about too much carbs making you sick try for some protein and healthy fats.

amother
Vermilion

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:12 am
Hope you slept well and hatzlacha navigating today. I'm trying to watch myself.

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:29 am
The grape juice (and anything sweet or starchy) can cause insulin spikes which make you feel hungry.

Switch to high fat, high protein food and drinks.

Drink whole milk mixed with heavy cream.

Eat nuts, full fat yogurt, 4% cottage cheese, fatty meat, etc.

The fat and protein will make you feel full.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:52 am
I ate a bag of lettuce, a baked potato, a slice of salmon, 2 bowls of vegetable soup, 3 slices of homemade sourdough bread, tuna, and a baked potato in the span of 2 hours. I wasn't eating junk food or overloading on carbs.

I'm still not back to myself today. I haven't done a single load of laundry or made one thing for shabbos. I'm having I hard time recovering from this fast. Dh is at work and I just wanna cry. Crying

amother
Apricot

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:58 am
I'm with you, OP. having the same thing. still extra hungry today, and I'm not nursing at all.
if you're able to push yourself to throw in one load you'll feel better. I had no energy to do anything last night but I had to so I did two loads and I'm feeling better about it, knowing that things are going to get better.
regarding the food, eat what you need to not feel starving. you will recover in another day or two.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Shabbos, Rosh Chodesh, Fast Days, and other Days of Note