Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Can a bar mitzvah boy wear this colour suit?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:28 am
We are beis yaakov type ish people. Can't explain but is this royal blue too bright? For his actual bar mitzvah. Or should I stick with navy or dark grey?
I'm trying to upload a pic.

https://www.rococlothing.co.uk.....chie/

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:30 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are beis yaakov type ish people. Can't explain but is this royal blue too bright? For his actual bar mitzvah. Or just I stick with navy or dark grey?
I'm trying to upload a pic

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:32 am
Sorry I'm not sure why it's not working.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:35 am
Did you include the file extension, such as .png or .jpg? Sometimes it doesn't work without it.

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:36 am
The answer is yes he can.
Unless if you’re question is:
He’ll be the only one in shul/block/class/entire community with this color and won’t be comfortable, should I do it anyway?
I like it but he doesn’t (or vice versa), so is it a good idea?

How can we know what is right for you?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:37 am
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
Did you include the file extension, such as .png or .jpg? Sometimes it doesn't work without it.

No and I'm not sure what you mean.

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:39 am
If you include the link to the image, I'll try to figure it out.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:40 am
Surplus wrote:
The answer is yes he can.
Unless if you’re question is:
He’ll be the only one in shul/block/class/entire community with this color and won’t be comfortable, should I do it anyway?
I like it but he doesn’t (or vice versa), so is it a good idea?

How can we know what is right for you?

Thanks I'm just so observant and no idea what the 'done thing'is for a 13 year old boy especially at his bar mitzvah. So I guess my question should be 'what colour suit did your ds wear at his bar mitzvah?'

ExtraCredit

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:46 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks I'm just so observant and no idea what the 'done thing'is for a 13 year old boy especially at his bar mitzvah. So I guess my question should be 'what colour suit did your ds wear at his bar mitzvah?'

You might get doubly confused because my son didn’t wear a suit at all! Very Happy

Unless if you’d like to post more info about yourself, your location, your sons yeshiva etc we might not be very helpful here!

I’d love to see that royal blue suit though!

amother
Rose

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:46 am
Which word in this sentence does the blue most resemble?

DrMom

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:01 am
Personally, I think navy is a more versatile blue, but if you and your DS like royal blue, go for it.

amother
Orange

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:13 am
Doesnt your son know if its something any of his classmates would wear?

paperflowers

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:29 am
If that’s what he wants there’s a good chance at least some of his friends are wearing it. Blue suits are pretty in right now.

amother
Linen

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:35 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are beis yaakov type ish people. Can't explain but is this royal blue too bright? For his actual bar mitzvah. Or should I stick with navy or dark grey?
I'm trying to upload a pic

I know the blue you mean. While navy is more classic, I think the bright blue suit looks great on my son. That said, we are mostly in JPF/MO crowds. The most important thing IMHO is what color your son wants for his BM.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 2:43 am
I just noticed that it's out of stock in his size. It's good to know anyway. Thanks everyone!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:55 am
I wouldn’t. Better to choose a classy look that won’t look embarrassing and dated soon. You don’t want him mortified by his pic hanging on your wall a few years from now. My son wore a navy that was on the more blue side of navy, but still looked classic.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:00 am
Look around you. What are young bocherim wearing in your community? Grey or navy is safer. This is a fairly bright electric blue--a color I like for myself, but tbh seems a trifle loud for the male equivalent of beis yaakov. There are shuls in my nabe where this would be 100% fine but they're not the BY crowd.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics