Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Ant problem by my window, any advice?
Previous  1  2

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 9:56 pm
I used the terro ant bait. The ant colony was outside and the ants were coming through cracks in the window and flooring. It took about 2 weeks of feeling like I was running an ant soup kitchen and I haven't seen an ant in my kitchen since then. The colony must have been totally wiped out.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 10:40 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
All those solutions are toxic especially if you’re living in a small apt. Tell your landlord! It’s their responsibility!

thats my next question... im expecting now and our bed frame is right underneath the window. im nervous to put toxic stuff down but im really getting grossed out from the ants because they started to climb down the wall ugh it makes me gag and im usually a very clean person!

it is my landlords responsibility?

isrmss91

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:18 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thats my next question... im expecting now and our bed frame is right underneath the window. im nervous to put toxic stuff down but im really getting grossed out from the ants because they started to climb down the wall ugh it makes me gag and im usually a very clean person!

The gel is the least toxic (You are not eating it, the ants are)) . You just squirt out some on the windowsill or wherever you see ants.You are not spraying harmful fumes. The ants are taking the bait back to their colony. Not down your wall. It is also the cheapest solution

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:41 pm
It’s unlikely your landlord will change the window so complaining doesn’t serve much purpose and if they put out money it’s likely to come back to you in some way. I would recommend you try some of these other solutions and see what works. Also try spraying ant and roach spray around window frame and see if it works to create a barrier seal around the window. You can spray in the morning and smell will dissipate by the time you go to bed.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Jul 30 2020, 11:46 pm
Make your own gel of dish soap, cinnamon, and cloves. Pour a THICK line just outside the windowsill.

If you are still seeing ants, pour it inside the sill as well. That should do the trick. Bonus, spiders don't like cinnamon either.

I have pets, and also chemical sensitivity. I try to keep my home as toxin-free as possible.

strawberry cola

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:55 am
Mix boric acid, sugar and water in a container. Put some cotton balls on top. Put the container (or more than one) wherever you saw the ants. The next day, you may see a bunch of them in a frenzy, and after that, at least in my experience, they will be gone. I found this in a book called Bug Busters, by Bernice Lifton.

amother
Indigo

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:24 pm
after trying all mixes, gels sprays besomim, we hired a pforessional exterminator who has strong stuff, sprayed indoor but most importantly outdoor, around foundation, and all around the house. bh have not seen any since. landlord need to pay for this

Chayalle

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 12:28 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

That's why I like the terro traps - the solution is in these plastic containers and doesn't get all over the place. You don't breath it in, like you would if you spray something.

4pom

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 1:57 pm
Chayalle wrote:
That's why I like the terro traps - the solution is in these plastic containers and doesn't get all over the place. You don't breath it in, like you would if you spray something.

Same here. Terro baits just contains borax which is in many soaps and the least toxic and efficient method. I generally avoid toxins. If not too bad I use the cinnamon. But once bad the terro baits is the way.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 11:29 pm
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! Heart
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics