Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Who’s staying home for shabbos nachamu?
Previous  1  2  3  Next

joyful mom

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:09 am
I am though my kids are disappointed (they like to go away for Shabbos in general, not davka this Shabbos).

amother
Beige

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:10 am
Home sweet home.

This year I feel especially validated due to COVID. Growing up in Brooklyn, it was embarrassing to stay home for Shabbos Nachamu! (like not having a bbq on july 4th ) I live in the suburbs now and it has taken a lot of growth/maturing to grow out of that crazy mindset.

Shabbat Shalom wherever you are!

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 7:26 am
I don't get it. I just fasted. I have no energy to start shlepping especially since for us it would mean long car ride or plane ride which I'm also not doing on a friday. Too risky...

newcomer

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 8:30 am
I'd rather go away when there are a lot less people doing the same.
Also, how can people predict how they will feel the day after one of the hardest fasts?
Not to mention, being stressed out about laundry and enough clean clothes.

amother
Jade

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 8:32 am
We are happily staying home and having relaxed company over. Best of both worlds, good socializing and friends for the kids and no need to pack up and run.

itsmeima

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 8:35 am
We and just about everyone I know.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:51 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are 😊...
I’m assuming this year there will be more people home than other years.

My DH mentioned that he already saw people packing their cars right after maariv last night to leave to the mountains .

Happens to be, we live in a nice big house with a nice porch and backyard but for some reason we always feel like we are the only ones home on shabbos nachamu. I’m totally fine with it but DH usually feels bad for himself when he comes home from a mostly empty shul.

So, who else will be staying home too?

Stop wondering and looking at what other people are Doing and you’ll be a lot happier

amother
Lavender

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:56 am
I guess it's a Brooklyn thing because in my neighborhood here in Monsey, basically no one goes away. There are a lot of guests here every summer Shabbos in general.
Happens to be, this year my in laws offered to take us to a hotel but I declined. How is it possible to have laundry washed and dried and to be busy packing the day after a fast? I feel worse today than yesterday.

Gerbera

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:56 am
Never been away in my life for this Shabbos nor have I heard of ppl going away specifically now. Will have to pay attention to my neighbourhood lol. Never noticed it empty of ppl.

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:04 am
I'm usually home. Happens to be we decided to go away this week, nothing to do with shabbos nachamu. we are going to go to my in-laws, we have not seen in a few months in Brooklyn.

amother
Babypink

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:08 am
We are in Brooklyn and happily staying home. (at least I am)

amother
Blonde

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:13 am
Im in Brooklyn and staying home. Obviously, I am amother as it could be an issue for shidduchim I hope I didn't give out too many identifying info.

A_Mother_First

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:34 am
Me. Not the worst thing in the world. At all. we have the place to ourselves. Shabbos stroll around the neighborhood is going to feel like being out of town. Good shabbos!

nanny24/7

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:44 am
We are! And proud of it!!

bigsis144

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:45 am
I have never gone away for Shabbos Nachamu and have never heard of this trend from friends or acquaintances in my real life.

Only on imamother.

ima22

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:56 am
We are home too. Were supposed to go to my sister but her state was recently added to the list for which we must quarantine upon our return. And I'd have to get tested before going back to work. It just doesn't make it worth it.

amother
Maroon

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 10:42 pm
Bingo in BP was mobbed at closing on Friday, so clearly, many people were home in BP, this Shabbos.

amother
Gray

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 12:01 am
I live in Toms River now and most ppl were home , but when I lived in Brooklyn the city was so quiet that shabbos we looked to go away .

Simple1

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:12 am
My block in Lakewood was pretty full this Shabbos.

amother
Scarlet

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 4:14 am
Also in Toms River and stayed home. TBH I didn’t sleep well after the fast and I couldn’t have been capable of shlepping my family anywhere.
Page 2 of 3 Previous  1  2  3  Next Recent Topics