Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Coronavirus Health Questions
Are you wearing goggles or eye shields yet?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:56 am
Dr. Fauci said that goggles would provide the full protection from coronavirus. For those that are pro-mask, are you also going to listen to Fauci and wear eye protection? Why or why not?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/07/3......html

amother
Lilac

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 9:58 am
Rolling Laughter

Rubber Ducky

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:01 am
I'm satisfied with looking like a bank robber. Don't have a taiva to look like an alien.

amother
Crimson

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:45 am
we all wear them at work

amother
Brown

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 10:58 am
I wear rx glasses anyway, but if I didn't, then yes, I totally would. I gave a pair of safety eyewear to my bff, a cancer survivor. I'm a safety professional and have been using safety eyewear since first semester college chemistry. Sometimes I even forget I'm wearing it. I gave a pair to each of my kids when they left home to set up housekeeping.

As UC Irvine said in an ad urging people to get tested for colorectal cancer: "Don't be embarrassed to death." Let people laugh at you for wearing your PPE --better that than salute your memory and your former good looks at your funeral.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:00 am
Sure. Next week he’ll say to wear boxing gloves so got those ready...

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 11:01 am
I bought face shields awhile ago when I read the early studies indicating that eyes were susceptible.

The shields also prevent me from fiddling with the mask.

I don’t use the shield all the time but I use in higher risk situations like shopping in a store.

amother
Aqua

Post Sat, Aug 01 2020, 12:27 pm
I would be willing to wear a face shield instead of a mask but not in addition to, when I am indoors.

I don't believe in wearing a mask at all outdoors, I think it is an unnecessary tirtur and wear it on my chin just to not get a fine.

nchr

Post Sun, Aug 02 2020, 5:15 am
I will not be wearing goggles since they are not about protecting others, but protecting yourself. That is also why they will probably mot be mandated; however, if they were mandated, I would follow the law in circumstances where required (I.e. our Dayan told us there is a requirement to follow the law for several reasons and also an isser of being considered a spreader even if you're not spreading but supporting spreading so mask wearing is required when you are in a store where people expect it but not in a store where no one is wearing one since clearly most ppl at the store are not concerned although you can wear one if you want and should maintain a reasonable distance if possible).

I think high risk individuals should consider goggles especially when travelling, but I know doctors have already told their high risk patients this.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics