Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
Ginger Almond Chicken

Amarante

Post Fri, Jul 31 2020, 3:29 pm
This was easy and very good. If you like Indian food, you would probably like this although this is not authentic Indian food.

I didn't cube the chicken as I sliced it thinly as I would for a standard stir fry. Freezing the breasts for a bit before slicing them really makes it easier. Since they are sliced, you don't have to marinade them for a long time but since everything can be prepped ahead of time, it's still an easy weeknight dish.

I will often prep the ingredients and gather them earlier in the day so I can just add ingredients to cook at dinner without having to scurry around too much. It also helps me prevent making mistakes since I can do stuff when I don't have a lot of distractions.

GINGER ALMOND CHICKEN

Excerpt From: Jane Green - Good Taste

SERVES 6–8

Ingredients:

2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
½ cup mango chutney
¼ cup chicken stock
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
4 scallions, chopped
¼ cup fresh ginger peeled and julienned
¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
Small bunch of cilantro, chopped

Method:

Stir together the coriander, grated ginger, vinegar, salt, pepper and 2 teaspoons of oil. Add the chicken cubes and stir well to combine. Marinate for around 1 hour in the fridge.

In a bowl, combine the mango chutney, chicken stock and garlic.

Heat the remaining oil in a wok or skillet, add the scallions and julienned ginger, fry on high heat for 30 seconds. Add the chicken and stir-fry until cooked, around 6 more minutes. Add the chutney and stock mix and continue cooking for 2 more minutes.

Garnish with the toasted almond and chopped cilantro and serve with white rice.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey